concealed carrier intervenes at lunchtime

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Had he blown a hole through her because she hesitated and went on to kill more people everyone on here would be calling her a dumba$$.

None of us were there and we have no details ............ as such you and me have no idea what happened. What we know is the bad guy stood down, end of **** show. Bunch of what if's are required to come up with calling her a dumbass for all we know at this point she is an off duty cop and knew what she was about.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
In one class a woman asked if it would be ok to shoot at someone who was trying to run you over with their car; Doug said "what are you carrying, a shoulder fired missile? This isn't the movies, if a car is coming at you get out of the way!"

I know a guy who did exactly this... the guy driving the car tried to hit him twice, then turned to come do it again - as he drove by, he blasted him in the head with a .45. After 3 attempts to run him down, he elected not to allow him a 4th attempt. He did not have ease of escape at the time due to the circumstances in a parking lot, and a Texas D.A. agreed and called it a good shoot. The perp's family disagreed and filed a civil suit, which was not tossed (as it should have been), but was decided in my acquaintance's favor.

Sometimes you're backed into a corner, sometimes you have the ability to bring a situation under better control, and sometimes you should just avoid it. As noted above, it is not black and white. One might draw their pistol without presenting it, to have it closer to hand in a scary and uncertain situation, one might present it in an attempt to control the situation, or one might simply draw and fire without warning, if that were what the situation called for - this is in my opinion, of course, and IANAL. Not saying what I would do in any of the above, as I really don't know - it all depends on the situation. I can assure you, if my wife and/or child were with me, or other members of the public, my level of caution/action might very well be different than if it were myself alone.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The whole notion of if you pull your gun you have to shoot someone is utter stupidity. There are numerous situations where you shouldn't .once a threat is no longer a threat you can't shoot them legally, unless you like the taste of prison food.........and penis

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom