Concealed Carry School Events

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

POPIG

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My son coaches tennis and baseball for public school but they play matches and games at city parks. Did they change law that does not allow CARRY there anymore.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Prohibited places
2. Any public property sports field, including any adjacent seating or adjacent area set aside for viewing a sporting event, where an elementary or secondary school, collegiate, or professional sporting event or an International Olympic Committee or organization or any committee subordinate to the International Olympic Committee event is being held;

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
But the OP asked specifically about public school events at CITY parks, not on school ground.
OS Title 21 Section 1290.22 - Business Owner's Rights
(D) 2. Any public property sports field, including any adjacent seating or adjacent area set aside for viewing a sporting event, where an elementary or secondary school, collegiate, or professional sporting event or an International Olympic Committee or organization or any committee subordinate to the International Olympic Committee event is being held;

The above was effective Nov.1 2016

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
But the OP asked specifically about public school events at CITY parks, not on school ground.
I was clarifying because I'd almost put money on the fact that someone would think a non-school event on school grounds outside school hours would be ok (trust me on this one).

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And what does this accomplish? Now good guys are prohibited carrying at these events. I wonder if they will be doing anything to prohibit bad guys from carrying at these same events? Not likely.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And what does this accomplish? Now good guys are prohibited carrying at these events. I wonder if they will be doing anything to prohibit bad guys from carrying at these same events? Not likely.

Not true! They put stickers on the doors in most cases, and passed laws that make it illegal to carry in those places. Bet you feel safe (and silly) now!

POPIG

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I thought I had seen talk of this change for two years I carried was afraid of this season.
Thanks for the information.

I guess people weren't safe last year I hate when they make changes on what if.

Latest posts

Top Bottom