Concealed Carry School Events

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How the hell did that get passed? I guess it's to keep the children safe..........:hypnotize:
Or they're afraid some parents that get too worked up about school sports will start a shooting war.

hrdware

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What sports and where? I dont know of any school athletics not played at the school.
Oklahoma City does tennis at Will Rogers Park Tennis Center. Also golf is generally not done on school property. However golf courses are not always city parks so those would not fall under this statute.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not true! They put stickers on the doors in most cases, and passed laws that make it illegal to carry in those places. Bet you feel safe (and silly) now!

Agreed. Those stickers on the doors and gates make it illegal for bad guys to carry a gun there too. Don't worry; its what's called a "gun free zone" so nobody can be shot there.
ed6f61cd29ab63eb3cb296e4c21cf3a4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In Moore, youth baseball is played in city park, but the complex is leased out to the league, and its part of a park, which isnt prohibited, and its not school sponsored, so I never consider it prohibited. Hadnt played anywhere that wasnt a park, small town or otherwise, which again are exempt.

POPIG

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My question was about public HS and Jr High games on my side of the state many schools use public tennis courts and baseball uses city parks or legion fields to play and practice.
I have always carried but I thought I had seen on this site last year that there was talk of making that change don't like it I will just sit out in street and watch.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ponca has soccer fields all over town. None of the schools have room for them. They travel to them for events.
All our schools, jr high and HS have their own soccer fields. Prior to that, its leagues that use city parks, but since parks are exempt, and its not school sponsored at that age, so I guess us city folk are lucky.

Latest posts

Top Bottom