Concealed Carry With Your Significant Other

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
So my old Lady and I both carry, and I was curious, Do you guys have any considerations when carrying with someone else in your "party" while out and about? For example, when we are together we always walk to where my dominant hand is free to draw, E.G. she always walks on my left side since I am right handed. She carries in her purse (which I hate) and I carry at about 4 O' Clock.

Anyone else pay attention to this? What are some little tips and tricks/considerations that you guys have for this sort of situation?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A guy I worked with has his whole family licensed to carry. Two daughters and one son, as well as some of their spouses.

They do drills as a family, as they are pretty much with each other all the time. They have code words they use if one of them thinks it might be necessary.

I keep thinking I wouldn't want to be a bad guy trying something with this family. They have their stuff together.

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A guy I worked with has his whole family licensed to carry. Two daughters and one son, as well as some of their spouses.

They do drills as a family, as they are pretty much with each other all the time. They have code words they use if one of them thinks it might be necessary.

I keep thinking I wouldn't want to be a bad guy trying something with this family. They have their stuff together.

The wife and I have a code word, if it's said it means immediately grab a gun and be ready to defend at all cost. I'm almost positive my wife does not remember the code word....
Good thing she is pretty :)

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In this family, Dad is a retired Drill Sergeant in the Army, Son is Iraq/Stan vet, one daughter is a Afghanistan army vet, and the other daughter is married to an Iraq Vet.

God help somebody that wants to give them some trouble. :D

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
The wife and I have a code word, if it's said it means immediately grab a gun and be ready to defend at all cost. I'm almost positive my wife does not remember the code word....

This right here....

I haven't done the code word with my old lady, I decided that she would end up forgetting. She just knows that if I reach to draw that she needs to get out of the way/behind me and then start drawing.

OldCurlyWolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife doesn't want to carry, but she is 1 belt test from having a Black Belt in Karate and when she was younger used to participate in full contact tournaments. The One thing she does know is to NOT touch me if things start to go south.

120 Acres

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Same here, but my code is "Getcher gun!" She wont forget that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom