Concerns about someone I know buying a gun.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for all the thoughts guys, definitely some things to think about here.

I may not know the difference here, but he did spend his time jail. I believe he was in the county lockup for 8 or 9 months.

I don't know if this is considered jail or prison, but both places are a place I personally never want to visit.

Generally speaking, and this may differ with juveniles, prison is usually for felonies and jail for misdemeanors. If one is a juvenile, they may put someone in jail or it could be in a juvenile facility, either would likely be a misdemeanor, but they might also use county lockup for a felony and a juvenile facility for a misdemeanor.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That brings up an interesting question... I'm not a felon, so I've never checked into, but if it's been expunged, can one answer No to the felony question?
If the state expunges something, that doesn't hold water with the ATF. One needs to get a Presidential pardon and then it would. At least that's my understanding, but like you, I don't do felonious chit, so I'm not certain.

ETA: I stand corrected. See post 23.

Last edited:

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Taken directly from the 4473
Important part at the end highlighted. (Important-er part circled)

upload_2019-3-4_12-34-12.png

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t get the “he is still a felon in my eyes”. What does that have to do with anything? I would go with him and try and help him learn proper techniques and do whatever to help steer him in the right direction. Hopefully he has turned his life around. We’ve all done idiotic things. Lord knows I have. I could have become a felon myself when I was an addict. And my life would be ruined because I was an adult. But thankfully I was able to get help and turn my life around. And thankfully my wife stood right beside me the whole time. Praise God is all I can say.

Latest posts

Top Bottom