Concrete contractor estimate

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OP you can probably find one lower priced but unless you were able to see some of their work and quality, I wouldn't necessarily try to go for the lowest priced. The estimate you have doesn't seem to be out of line.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds way to high to me. The following is based on my experience with paying for concrete work lately: It will take about 1.5 yards of concrete. That’s about $120. The steel will be less than that, but say it would be the same or close. You’re talking $250 for materials. You’ll hire a company and they will send a couple of Mexicans, probably illegals, that they are paying $100/day. 2 guys could do it in two days, easy. So that $400 in labor. So they have $650 in it. Forms and such are reusable to a large degree. So yeah, $2200 seems high. The owner needs $1500 in profit for 2 days worth of work?

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had one done last year 4' x 68' with 3 -90 degree turns, simple forms, with wire and rebar and it was $2500
4" thick x 4' x 68' came to a little over 3-1/3 yards concrete.
Dealt directly with the mexicans.
Contractors are not starving for work now and prices have gone way up.
If you can handle dealing direct with the mexicans its better.
I'm having a sand stone pillar on the front of a house done tomorrow and I got labor quotes with me providing materials
from $500-$3000
$3k was insane. (white guy)
All the mexican's quotes were under $1k

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I called the concrete company (Dolese or whatever) told them the measurements and they told me the total cost for x number of yards of concrete. One thing I learned but don't know if it's true or not, but if the cement truck gets stuck or bogged down on your land when delivering a load, the owner of the property has to pay for a wrecker if one is needed to pull out the truck. One did get stuck in my yard but they rocked it and got it out of the mess. The way I looked at it was that if the driver was dumb enough to bog down in the first place it is his fault, not mine-I wasn't driving.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Out of the two other companies I called one went directly to a this caller isn’t accepting calls and the other didn’t ever call me back. I left a message at 9 this morning. I called bills concrete and drainage and even though their website says they come to shawnee the lady I talked to said they didn’t. She was an older lady so maybe the owners wife. I guess people have plenty of work. If someone can’t even call me back in a few hours it doesn’t give me much confidence. Bills did refer me to a company out of the city called A&L concrete. They took some info and are supposed to give me a “rough” estimate over the phone today.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Call the local concrete provider and ask how much 3,000 psi concrete is per yard. Figure up how much it will take before you call, so you have an amount.

Then you can call a steel provider for the cost of 3/8” rebar. Again figure out how much it
Will take before you call.

You might ask the concrete place if they have recommendations for a contractor for a small project.

Latest posts

Top Bottom