Condoms required at Scouts' 24th World Jamboree - Is this a 'camping' event or what?????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's actually been required for a while now. It's just news being blown up. https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/boy-scouts-condoms-jamboree/

If you put boys and girls in the same area sex will more than likely happen. The question is do you want kids having kids and STD's or being safe. My mother taught me the 4F program, find em, feel em, *(@# em, forget em. Not that I ever put that into practice but still a lot of kids will act exactly that way.

MCVetSteve

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My dad and stepmom told me when I was about 14 that “at some point you’ll want sex and you’ll probably find a girl who wants to give it to you. You WILL use a condom EVERY TIME until you’re married.” Then by himself, my father added, “because I swear to God if you make me a grandfather before YOU’RE in your twenties, I’ll just kill you.” I believed him. I was 24 before my first daughter was born.

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So now that they're letting girls into scouts, are they going to have lady Scoutmasters as well?

What's the maximum age to become a Scout?

Asking for a friend....

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So now that they're letting girls into scouts, are they going to have lady Scoutmasters as well?

What's the maximum age to become a Scout?

Asking for a friend....

There has always been "Girl" scouts and "Boy" scouts, now it's just going to be "Scouts" from my understanding. The international organizations has been genderless for a long time and the big deal every four years has been a combination deal for quite a while too. While one or the other is primarily for one gender they are basically co-ed. As far as opposite gender scout masters that would be a question to ask the main organisations but I would say more than likely yes.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There has always been "Girl" scouts and "Boy" scouts, now it's just going to be "Scouts" from my understanding. The international organizations has been genderless for a long time and the big deal every four years has been a combination deal for quite a while too. While one or the other is primarily for one gender they are basically co-ed. As far as opposite gender scout masters that would be a question to ask the main organisations but I would say more than likely yes.
I can tell you that even twenty years ago, while they may not have held the title of "Scoutmaster," there were a few moms who were absolutely instrumental to the function of our troop (Troop 236, Kettering, OH), and we were grateful for them. At the younger (Cub Scout) level, moms have always been involved (including mine).

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
With regard to the 4F philosophy (and the others stated), I remember the story told by a father to his son:

Son, before you have sex with any woman, look at them closely, understand their personalities, and ask yourself the question, "Do you really want to wake up to this woman every day of your life?"

Second lesson, one learned by a nephew, is "never marry a woman that you met in a bar."

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My mom taught me to be a gentleman, ymmv
My m
Son, before you have sex with any woman, look at them closely, understand their personalities, and ask yourself the question, "Do you really want to wake up to this woman every day of your life?"
Pfftttt. The most beautiful women in the world have had several husbands that got tired of their crap. Beauty is in the heart, not in the face which is what your intent was with your post if I read it right.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My m

Pfftttt. The most beautiful women in the world have had several husbands that got tired of their crap. Beauty is in the heart, not in the face which is what your intent was with your post if I read it right.

Did you miss the part about their personalities? That is the critical part, not their looks. However, if one has been looking through beer goggles, then the first part might come into play.

Latest posts

Top Bottom