Confused on buying deer tag...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
A little, but it was good night and morning hunting. Saw plenty of deer, got some good shots lined up, learned a good bit about deer and hunting in general and overall we all had a good time. We'll be fine in the longrun. :D

Worst day hunting is better than any day at work.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
What gun was it? AR in 300 blackout? Does it have a JP or other aftermarket hammer spring?

Nope, it has a self-contained complete FBT trigger.

I think we figured it out... took it all apart, found some unburned extruded powder in various places, wondered if some of that might be causing the firing pin to hang occasionally, which would explain the occasional light strikes and the occasional NO strikes. In the process, we cleaned all the way through the firing pin hole in the bolt as the pin seemed a little "rough" when moving it back and forth. We pulled out a tiny spiral curled piece of metal which was apparently hiding inside there, looked like some leftover from the machining process. Lubed everything up with Ballistol and now everything moves like BUTTAH.

I'm thinking this has a really good possibility of being what our problem was. I also may be moving from Mobil 1 to Ballistol from now on. I'm not 100% sure on this, though. But it is nice stuff.

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man thats crazy. Your lucky you even found it. Thats one of those things that could be stuck in there and caused you fits chasing a cure in all the wrong places. I hope that was it. Now I have to check that on all my new ones.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My son was not old enough to go hunting yet (3), Lifetime combo was going up the next month So I got one for myself at $400 and one for him for 400.

It was the wife's idea..
Bases covered.
How did you buy a 3 y/o a lifetime license? They don't have their Hunter's Safety yet.

corbinlee

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How did you buy a 3 y/o a lifetime license? They don't have their Hunter's Safety yet.

you just have to prove residency to get the lifetime, it will have an "apprentice" designation on it until they pass the HSC. I bought all three of mine their lifetimes at age 6, for them the proof was a report card from school, for younger I believe a birth cert will work.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
you just have to prove residency to get the lifetime, it will have an "apprentice" designation on it until they pass the HSC. I bought all three of mine their lifetimes at age 6, for them the proof was a report card from school, for younger I believe a birth cert will work.

Birth certificate works. Buddy's first son got a lifetime combo shortly after birth.

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Might have already been mentioned, but get him his lifetime hunting/fishin license, then you don't have to worry about it every year. Got mine as a HS graduation present from my folks. Paid for itself many times over....

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not sure we're going to be staying in OK more than another couple of years or even that long, so I'm holding out on lifetime licenses for both of us for now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom