Confused on buying deer tag...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your issues with the gun.
Stuff happens!
You know there is the Holiday anterless season that runs for 10 days will be here soon.

Craig3

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not sure we're going to be staying in OK more than another couple of years or even that long, so I'm holding out on lifetime licenses for both of us for now.
I got one as a birthday present when I turned 16 in KS, and got the combo here in OK a few years ago. If you're not moving to far away its nice to have them in more than one place. Of course we both live close to KS here in bville

Jared

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
yup, I think the tags I bought will work for that season as well. For my son, not for me.

The Holiday Antlerless season requires a Holiday Antlerless designated tag. The antlerless deer gun tag is not valid for the Holiday season. Just FYI in case thats what you were thinking. The Youth Holiday Antlerless license is $10

PiedmontGuy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Birth certificate works. Buddy's first son got a lifetime combo shortly after birth.
Back in November 1994, my son was born. We got the official birth certificate, went to get the Social Security number and then went straight to buy the lifetime combo license. In 1994, the combo was $400 and was going up to $525. My son was 21 days old when he got his lifetime. He may not stay in Oklahoma but when he comes home to visit his family, he can always hunt with us. I tired to buy one for my daughter too but my wife said it wasn't a good gamble for her. Turns out it would have been a good investment. She fishes more than I do and also goes hunting with her husband. The fishing and hunting license for my son has more than paid for itself a few times over with him. My grandparents purchased my lifetime license when I was 15 (35 years ago). Back then the combo was $225.

Latest posts

Top Bottom