Considering a motorcycle...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was near born on 2 wheels, started 70s with a $130 Sears mini bike and ended in 2009 with the American icon, HD. No way I'd ride today. If I had as many eyes as a fly I still would not. That gadget called the cell phone coupled to mmj coupled to diminished brain activity equals danger danger Will Robinson. 🤣
True but i just can't give it up been riding so long !

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought a versys 650 a few months ago and have really enjoyed it so far. I know it doesn't get the cool nod, but I think it was a decent choice for a first bike to learn on. Still don't know if I'll do it long term, but it's an experience.

I only commute a few miles to work generally, but it's nice spending about $7-8 every 2 weeks on gas even after a short weekend joy ride.
Ill take it when your done w it.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Do yourself a favor and just find a good used subcompact car or pickup.
Ha, It helps if you find the right one, I was very lucky, ran across a 98 Jeep Wrangler 61k miles to replace the feeling of the 98 Goldwing I advertised here. It has half doors (plastic windows come off at thigh level while sitting in the seat and the back window rolls up out of the way) Almost gets me there with the air blowing though. Yep, 59 years behind the handlebars, not quite out of my system yet.
True but i just can't give it up been riding so long !
And I still have to take that old Goldwing out for a ride that did not sell here. "Just to keep it loosened up" Right? Well, not quite, part of it is to keep me loosened up also. I might advertise it somewhere else some day. Ha Ha

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
yea baby had a 76 kz 900 wish i still had it.
Myself, wish I had the 72 H2 750 triple I had, 2nd one sold in Tulsa from Hudu, he got the first one. Drove it home new, did a cylinder port grind job Oscar, his shop guy gave me the Kawasaki specs for, put on a set of Wergus expansion chambers and heavy clutch springs. Made that 450lb bike put out over 100HP. Oh yes, I also would like to have the ability back for me to keep the front tire floating about 6" in the air just bouncing going through the gears and just settling down at about 100mph like I used to do to go along with it. Ha Ha

Camo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have ridden over 300k miles and was a MSF ridercoach for the military. I recently gave it up for awhile because my grandkids always want to go with me and they aren't big enough to ride yet. i will return to 2 wheels when the time is right.. My advice is take a MSF course even if you already know how to ride, They will break your bad habits you have learned.

Latest posts

Top Bottom