Considering getting my son a GSD for his first dog... advice?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Britney for the win. Often called a poachers dog because they will hunt and retrieve anything from ducks to Pheasant.
Great family dog that is not ever temperamental, and is at ease with small children all the way to adults.
They make great house dogs as well. We have raised and buried two, with three in the house now at the side of my recliner.
30 or so years of Britts in the home.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't have a dog in this fight (ha!)...

But my first choice would be a Lab. Incredibly smart, loyal, and short-haired if you want an indoor dog.

Don't forget the shedding of long-haired dogs is daily... every day... year-in... year-out... for life (just thought I'd mention that :D ).

My two cents. :drunk2:

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't have a dog in this fight (ha!)...

But my first choice would be a Lab. Incredibly smart, loyal, and short-haired if you want an indoor dog.

Don't forget the shedding of long-haired dogs is daily... every day... year-in... year-out... for life (just thought I'd mention that :D ).

My two cents. :drunk2:
My lab mix generously produces a spare dog about every three months. I've often joked that I don't have dust bunnies...the hair coyotes ate them!

GUN DOG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Get one of each my 10year old guy with a new one 5 months we just had given to us owner was going to get rid of him. I think my lab thinks I brought the devil home
c3600b89c0362fcc8a9a0b510a700df7.jpg
0a10a4a7779218506c9c1d3a5e79bea6.jpg

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom