Considering going back to a flip phone

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No way would I go back to a flip phone. I have had several smart phones, and as a rule, the phones have much more capabilities than I use.

I dislike internet videos, and spend very little time on utube or the like.

However, I am self-employed, and use the various features of the handheld computer. Maps, search functions for certain entities, etc.

If I was an old retired fuddy duddy, I too may decide to go back to a more simple device. For now, I use the features of the phone-capable handheld computer, so I own one.

CorpsVet

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No way would I go back to a flip phone. I have had several smart phones, and as a rule, the phones have much more capabilities than I use.

I dislike internet videos, and spend very little time on utube or the like.

However, I am self-employed, and use the various features of the handheld computer. Maps, search functions for certain entities, etc.

If I was an old retired fuddy duddy, I too may decide to go back to a more simple device. For now, I use the features of the phone-capable handheld computer, so I own one.

As an "old retired fuddy duddy", thanks for the consideration.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I love the technology and embrace it. The smart phones have became part of my life because of hearing loss. My hearing aids are tethered to apps that allow me to listen to TV's that are muted while the wife sleeps beside me in our travels. I can stream bluetooth with map directions to my ears that would not be possible if I had to stop and look at a map while giving turn by turn directions verbally.
I can turn down outside road noise and listen to Pandora or any streaming service with little outside noise interference. While in restaurants or noisy areas, can mute the white noise and have the microphones focus on the person talking to me so their voice overcomes the background noise.
Texts appears on the truck smart screen, I can hands free call the wife to let her know I'm out of the deer stand and coming home while driving, and answer calls without taking my eyes off the road.
My newest model of hearing aids I just got also auto a link to google translate so I can talk to someone in a foreign language. On their side it translates to text they have to look at on my phone. When they speak, it shows up as text on the phone screen but also uses bluetooth to send it to my aids verbally. 17 different languages.
Technology is a great thing. I made my living in electronics and programming moving along with it as it progressed. I sure wouldn't want to go back.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a Rugby for 13 years and was happy with it. I finally went to a smart phone so I could have my DVD list with me at all times when movie shopping. I have 3600 DVD's. The camera is handy to have at work also. There has been many times when I just want to take a hammer to the damn thing.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I very rarely ever carry my flip phone (I think it looks just fine sitting on the dinning room table collecting dust), that the wife insisted we absolutely needed 10 or 12 years ago, so I sure as heck don't need a smart phone.

Mama turns hers on and carries it religiously every time she leaves the house then turns it back off when she gets back home......we rely on our landline.

Both of our flip phones are now with Consumer Cellular which is 1/2 the cost of what I was paying with AT&T and both are setup without internet access, no texting, no call forwarding etc......"They are just phones."

CC flip phone.jpg

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love the technology and embrace it. The smart phones have became part of my life because of hearing loss. My hearing aids are tethered to apps that allow me to listen to TV's that are muted while the wife sleeps beside me in our travels. I can stream bluetooth with map directions to my ears that would not be possible if I had to stop and look at a map while giving turn by turn directions verbally.
I can turn down outside road noise and listen to Pandora or any streaming service with little outside noise interference. While in restaurants or noisy areas, can mute the white noise and have the microphones focus on the person talking to me so their voice overcomes the background noise.
Texts appears on the truck smart screen, I can hands free call the wife to let her know I'm out of the deer stand and coming home while driving, and answer calls without taking my eyes off the road.
My newest model of hearing aids I just got also auto a link to google translate so I can talk to someone in a foreign language. On their side it translates to text they have to look at on my phone. When they speak, it shows up as text on the phone screen but also uses bluetooth to send it to my aids verbally. 17 different languages.
Technology is a great thing. I made my living in electronics and programming moving along with it as it progressed. I sure wouldn't want to go back.

Man, you almost have me wishing that I had a need for hearing aids. :-) (although, with the tinnitus that I have acquired, I will probably need them in the future)

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a nokia X2, it does all that I need it to do: text and make calls. If I want to get on the internet I have a kindle fire for that.

Attachments

• 81JIlHqK-SL._SY550_.jpg
    81JIlHqK-SL._SY550_.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 63

Latest posts

Top Bottom