Consolidating Batteries For Accessories

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How many of you actively buy or are rebuying accessories to consolidate battery types? All of my sights now take CR2032s, even my compact pistol sight and I'm down to one weapon light that doesn't take CR123s. I will be replacing that one soon, with one that does. I didn't really think about it when I started getting back into shooting a few years ago, but it makes sense, to keep the battery types to a minimum. Also how often do you change your batteries? Most of my sights are changed every Christmas (my pistol sight appears to need it every six months, it doesn't have auto off just auto brightness). I haven't come up with a weapon light plan yet, since they really don't ever get used except in emergencies. Almost forgot, the pistol TLR-6 doesn't take CR123s either, but that pistol won't take a light that does.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How many of you actively buy or are rebuying accessories to consolidate battery types? All of my sights now take CR2032s, even my compact pistol sight and I'm down to one weapon light that doesn't take CR123s. I will be replacing that one soon, with one that does. I didn't really think about it when I started getting back into shooting a few years ago, but it makes sense, to keep the battery types to a minimum. Also how often do you change your batteries? Most of my sights are changed every Christmas (my pistol sight appears to need it every six months, it doesn't have auto off just auto brightness). I haven't come up with a weapon light plan yet, since they really don't ever get used except in emergencies. Almost forgot, the pistol TLR-6 doesn't take CR123s either, but that pistol won't take a light that does.
I use 18650s, cr123s, and cr2032s. Easy enough to keep track of those.

I replace them on demand. If I had a red dot without backup sights I’d just replace them at the same time I replace smoke detector batteries.

Latest posts

Top Bottom