Constitutional Carry (SB 1212) on the OK House floor 4/23

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think this one will create some problems. If a veteran is discharged without benefits or disability, they have no way of proving their service unless they carry a copy of their DD-214 with them. Discharges before retirement or without disability don’t get ID cards.
That didnt apply to veterans. Veterans were in the original (and or amendment), bill, but were removed

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The wording that I read on the most recently posted link was in underlined text. Unless I’m wrong, that means it’s a new change to the law.

My point earlier was that if a veteran with no military ID card was carrying and questioned about their right to carry, how are they going to prove that they are legally carrying?

MCVetSteve

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The wording that I read on the most recently posted link was in underlined text. Unless I’m wrong, that means it’s a new change to the law.

My point earlier was that if a veteran with no military ID card was carrying and questioned about their right to carry, how are they going to prove that they are legally carrying?

Isn’t the burden of proof supposed to rest solely upon the state to prove that you are NOT lawfully carrying?

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Unless you have a disqualifying situation (felony, illegal imigrant) then you have the right.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

The military ID law does NOT apply to veterans. Veterans MUST have the CC permit to carry until, if and or when, the Costitutional Carry is passed.
The military ID law, originally had veterans in the bill. It was later taken out before being passed. I suspect that the issue was that not all veterans carry military ID cards

Again, as of right now, military veterans cannot carry with a Oklahoma permit. The military ID card does not apply to veterans.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If they're over 21 and legally residing in Oklahoma (with no other disqualifications), it's a moot point.

As I understand it, the amended bill was approved by the senate with no additional modifications. Since the house already approved it, doesn't it now go to the governor for her signature?
The senate passed the original bill, the house then amended it and that passed, so the senate has to vote again on the amended bill.

Latest posts

Top Bottom