Constitutional Carry (SB 1212) on the OK House floor 4/23

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

C_Hallbert

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
FIFY. Civil rights are rights granted by the government... read “privileges.” Natural rights are rights granted by Our Creator, or nature, or simple fact that you’re a human being, or what have you.

Criticism accepted. “...’Natural’ or ‘Constitutional’ Rights...”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
See, the problem is you ( read us ) think you have a "right" to carry a firearm wherever you want, and the majority of society disagree. Every time another shooting hits the news, the 2A takes a hit. We have to improve our game. We cannot always be dressed in our camo and tacticals, AR's slung over our shoulders and yelling, "come and take it". That doesn't seem to be helping.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
See, the problem is you ( read us ) think you have a "right" to carry a firearm wherever you want, and the majority of society disagree. Every time another shooting hits the news, the 2A takes a hit. We have to improve our game. We cannot always be dressed in our camo and tacticals, AR's slung over our shoulders and yelling, "come and take it". That doesn't seem to be helping.

It worked in 1776. Nothing else has come close.

Woody

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We need to introduce people to the world of firearms and the shooting sports. I think this is the most influential way for “society” to accept / appreciate what we enjoy. I’ve seen this first hand for the past several years at events like the Women’s Fun Shoot at the OKC Gun Club. Each year, 400-600 women show-up to shoot rifles, pistols, and shotguns. Ammo is donated by the NRA. Many of these women are first time shooters, and many will return the next year. The 4H, Scouts, and SCTP Programs are also great for introduction to the shooting sports. Just my opinion but these types of programs are vital to acceptance of firearms in future generations. I encourage everyone who is a firearms enthusiast to get involved with a program that introduces firearms and fun to new shooters - even if just taking the kid down the block and his father to a range.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nice thought, but is no longer 1776. We can do better. I don't know the answer, but what we have been doing isn't working. This is a perception issue. We have to present a more positive picture than the negative pictures in the media everyday.

MCVetSteve

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice thought, but is no longer 1776. We can do better. I don't know the answer, but what we have been doing isn't working. This is a perception issue. We have to present a more positive picture than the negative pictures in the media everyday.

I agree, that way when folks see gun owners portrayed in a certain way on the news or late night tv John Q Public can say to himself “well that’s not true I know plenty of gun owners who are real stand up folks. I wonder what else the tv hosts are lying about?”

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I knew Paul was no spring chicken and I'm sorry to hear he is experiencing health challenges. How is it ORA retains any sway with the Legislature if no one is there to be the face and voice in the halls?
I think it's his past history with long term legislators that keeps his voice current. He was still walking the halls on this bill, but not much longer if I was told correctly. The ORA will probably cease to exist when he steps down.
In its day the ORA did some good work and some dirty work. We have them to thank for the insane trapping regulations in this state that even Game Wardens have trouble understanding so they could run their coon dogs unfettered. True statement.

Latest posts

Top Bottom