Constitutional Carry (SB 1212) on the OK House floor 4/23

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A special session is likely if the marijuana bill passes. Don't recall the protocol, but a veto can be voted on in future sessions. I thought it was just in the next session but can't back that up without some digging.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IMG_1958.PNG
IMG_1957.PNG

Sorry bout the screenshot. I have no idea how to or if it's possible to paste the whole email here. Just received this from OK2A

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Read more: https://www.ammoland.com/2011/03/ok...s-oklahoma-open-carry-bill-129/#ixzz5Fijj5xWm
Under Creative Commons License: Attribution
Follow us: @Ammoland on Twitter | Ammoland on Facebook

Oklahoma Rifle Association Opposes Oklahoma Open Carry Bill 129

Oklahoma-Rifle-Association-Logo.jpg

Oklahoma Rifle Association
Yukon, OK –-(Ammoland.com)- SB 129, sponsored by Senator Steven Russell R-Oklahoma City, would give anyone 18 years of age or older the right to openly carry a gun without a license or training.

The Oklahoma Rifle Association wrote a letter to state representatives opposing the open carry measure because it violates a federal age requirement of 21 to purchase guns.

Dear Representative:

On Saturday March 19th the Officers and Board Members of the Oklahoma Rifle Association held our Board Meeting in Shawnee OK. At this meeting pending firearms legislation at the Oklahoma Legislature was discussed.

It was the intent of the Oklahoma Rifle Association to remain in a position of neutrality on the “Open Carry” legislation as many of our members support some form of open carry. The Officers and Board Members of the ORA are in agreement with the “Open Carry” concept but, after much discussion, the majority of the Board Members and Officers, voted to oppose Senate Bill 129 by Senator Russell and Representative Osborne. This bill, in it’s present form, would allow those 18 years of age and older, to purchase and carry loaded Rifles, Shotguns and Handguns openly in a scabbard, with a sling, or a handgun in a holster, anywhere not in violation of Title 21, subsection A of Section 1277, without a back ground check and without training.

The Officers and Board Members are in opposition to SB 129 for these reasons:

First, The purchase of handguns by persons under the age of 21 is in violation of existing Federal Law. Second, Allowing citizens, trained or untrained, to carry Rifles and Shotguns either in a scabbard or with a sling on city streets and into business establishments will create an atmosphere of hostility and distrust, not to mention create fear in those in our society who have an aversion to any type of firearm. Third, The apprehension, created for the Law Enforcement Officers by the open carrying of long guns could create situations resulting in unnecessary use of deadly force. For these reasons we ask you to vote against SB 129 when it comes to the floor of the House of Representatives. Sincerely,

Don Scott, President, Oklahoma Rifle Association

Paul W. Abel,

Legislative Director, Oklahoma Rifle Association

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
ORA, via Paul Able, tried to talk me into joining last fall at the Your Hunt Festival in Shawnee. I'm sure glad I didn't fall for their BS.

Latest posts

Top Bottom