Constitutional Carry (SB 1212) on the OK House floor 4/23

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
@CHenry I'm asking because I really don't know -- is the LEGISLATURE gonna call a special session if pot passes??

There was a comment on KTOK about the Governor saying she would call a special session if 788 passed but I can't find anything official.

My question goes to exactly how important is it WHO actually calls a special session. I seem to remember that if the Governor called special session the only business that can be addressed is the business for which she has called the session and nothing else.

Any ideas??

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
@CHenry I'm asking because I really don't know -- is the LEGISLATURE gonna call a special session if pot passes??

There was a comment on KTOK about the Governor saying she would call a special session if 788 passed but I can't find anything official.

My question goes to exactly how important is it WHO actually calls a special session. I seem to remember that if the Governor called special session the only business that can be addressed is the business for which she has called the session and nothing else.

Any ideas??
If 788 passes, yes, there will be a special session to address regulations prior to Nov. or whenever it becomes active. I have not heard who is going to call it or if that body sets the agenda. I wouldnt think Mary could call a session and not allow other business like some veto voting.
I have gotten my education on all this from listening to Chad Alexander on 1520 am at 3:00 everyday. Hes a political science guy and covers all these things at the capitol very extensively.

Last edited:

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If 788 passes, yes, there will be a special session to address regulations prior to Nov. or whenever it becomes active. I have not heard who is going to call it or if that body sets the agenda. I wouldnt think Mary could call a session and not allow other business like some veto voting.
I have gotten my education on all this from listening to Chad Alexander on 1520 am at 3:00 everyday. Hes a political science guy and covers all these things at the capitol very extensively.

Ok, well, I guess she's making noise like SHE is gonna be the one to call special session if 788 passes. If she does, I don't think the Legislature can take up anything she doesn't specifically state needs to be addressed, which would leave constitutional carry dead in the water -- at least for this year.

BUT ... I haven't been involved in state government for a LONG time now (THANK GOD!) so my memory is a little rusty on this one.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, well, I guess she's making noise like SHE is gonna be the one to call special session if 788 passes. If she does, I don't think the Legislature can take up anything she doesn't specifically state needs to be addressed, which would leave constitutional carry dead in the water -- at least for this year.

BUT ... I haven't been involved in state government for a LONG time now (THANK GOD!) so my memory is a little rusty on this one.
I really dont have an answer for this one but I'm gonna find out lol

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

It's probably correct that if she calls it, it's limited to what she wants. Which I suspect is exactly why she's wanting to call it. Freakin politicians...
:explode:

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, cuz I don't have any contacts worth spit up there anymore. :coffee2::disappoin :rotflmao:
So @Annie I'm hearing skuttlebut now that indeed they are plotting to bring Constitutional Carry back up in the special session for 788.
I believe as long as they address Mary's agenda items first, they can have the floor afterwards. At least thats what I'm hearing. There were also some other vetos that had pissed them off and will likely be addressed with another vote.

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So @Annie I'm hearing skuttlebut now that indeed they are plotting to bring Constitutional Carry back up in the special session for 788.
I believe as long as they address Mary's agenda items first, they can have the floor afterwards. At least thats what I'm hearing. There were also some other vetos that had pissed them off and will likely be addressed with another vote.
Oh man, wouldn't that be great. I like happy endings.

Latest posts

Top Bottom