Constitutional Carry send your support

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slas

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hope I don't get bashed too much but I'm on the fence also. Is it crazy to think it's not a bad ideal for those who decide to carry to have a minimal amount of training?

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hope I don't get bashed too much but I'm on the fence also. Is it crazy to think it's not a bad ideal for those who decide to carry to have a minimal amount of training?
I think training is a great idea. I've taken many courses, far superior to the excuse for training we currently have, and at my own not-insignificant expense.

I think a tax and a permission slip on a fundamental, enumerated right is a terrible idea. Should we also require a permit and training to exercise our First Amendment rights? Actually, given some of the spelling and grammar I've seen around here, it might be a good idea (it's "should have," people, not "should of").

And, again, we're not experimenting in a vacuum here; fourteen other states have this, some for a decade or more. Show me the failures and we can discuss with data instead of supposition.

slas

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think training is a great idea. I've taken many courses, far superior to the excuse for training we currently have, and at my own not-insignificant expense.

I think a tax and a permission slip on a fundamental, enumerated right is a terrible idea. Should we also require a permit and training to exercise our First Amendment rights? Actually, given some of the spelling and grammar I've seen around here, it might be a good idea (it's "should have," people, not "should of").

And, again, we're not experimenting in a vacuum here; fourteen other states have this, some for a decade or more. Show me the failures and we can discuss with data instead of supposition.
So do you assume that all those who will carry will be as dilligent, trained and responsible as you? I wish I did and will support the bill before oppose it, but would have no issue with training requirements either.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think a tax and a permission slip on a fundamental, enumerated right is a terrible idea. Should we also require a permit and training to exercise our First Amendment rights? Actually, given some of the spelling and grammar I've seen around here, it might be a good idea (it's "should have," people, not "should of"). :clap3:

Extracted and bolded for the central truth of this entire discussion, i.e. rights do not require fees, taxes, or permission slips, even for egregious spelling and grammar, including "ideal" when the writer means "idea." :Heya:

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There is no training to the SDA class except for how the law works. Then you shoot a target 50 times and as long as it stays on the paper from 5 yards out, you pass. That is not training. That's just a class on the SDA law. Though I will say I learned a few on the SDA from the class.

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

You do know dad that being on the fence isn’t a nay......righ? LOL.......I was attacked for being on the fence here and my fence sitting is based on the caliber of person America generates today, not the core concept which I do agree with

Latest posts

Top Bottom