Constitutional Carry send your support

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Of course they want to pass a restricted bill !

The R's will do as little as possible to be able to say "Hey, I did the big thing you wanted. It's not perfect, but it's the best I could do."

I don't know if anyone else caught it, but our new Guv, who shouted about 2nd amendment all thru his campaign, said, just yesterday, "Conceptually, I agree with Constitutional Carry....."

Does anyone else feel a cold breeze down their neck ?

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Regardless if someone takes the required training or not it is up to said person to continue to practice and study the law and be a responsible carrier. It doesn’t matter if a person takes the training class or not. That class doesn’t make someone an expert. It doesn’t even make them proficient. I know people that carry legally and they don’t know squat about the law. And they never train. So the training class to get the handgun license didn’t do anything to make them a safer carrier. The class is just a way to get money out of us. No one should have to pay the government for permission to carry a gun. That is our guaranteed right that no one has a right to restrict. The class is also a feel good thing. Most people have no idea how worthless the class really is. They believe that it actually makes people safer carrying after they take it which simply isn’t true. We should all be able to carry without a license. I know there are the usual fence straddlers that claim they support the 2A yet in the same breath say they support people having to pay the government for permission to carry so it is what it is. I have a license already so it doesn’t affect me. But it does everyone that don’t have one. Such as my mom and dad, cousins and many others I know. Some of which are so poor they don’t have the money to even buy a gun much less pay the money to get a license. The sda makes it nearly impossible for poor people to carry. And that is not right.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The guys who taught my SDA class said they had been asked what the minimum score was to pass the shooting portion. They said there is no minimum score, in fact you don't ever even have to hit the target... you just have to demonstrate that you can miss safely. LOL!

kwaynem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My son in law and I shot at the same time along with a deputy that had just moved here from Arizona we got done shooting and my son in law leaned over and said look! And I looked at the guys target and half the shots were not on paper at 7 yards

golddigger14s

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Regardless if someone takes the required training or not it is up to said person to continue to practice and study the law and be a responsible carrier. It doesn’t matter if a person takes the training class or not. That class doesn’t make someone an expert. It doesn’t even make them proficient. I know people that carry legally and they don’t know squat about the law. And they never train. So the training class to get the handgun license didn’t do anything to make them a safer carrier. The class is just a way to get money out of us. No one should have to pay the government for permission to carry a gun. That is our guaranteed right that no one has a right to restrict. The class is also a feel good thing. Most people have no idea how worthless the class really is. They believe that it actually makes people safer carrying after they take it which simply isn’t true. We should all be able to carry without a license. I know there are the usual fence straddlers that claim they support the 2A yet in the same breath say they support people having to pay the government for permission to carry so it is what it is. I have a license already so it doesn’t affect me. But it does everyone that don’t have one. Such as my mom and dad, cousins and many others I know. Some of which are so poor they don’t have the money to even buy a gun much less pay the money to get a license. The sda makes it nearly impossible for poor people to carry. And that is not right.
Amen, brother!

saltydog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I personally don’t think the training issue is going to matter that much, I mean, lots of people come out of college and do some pretty stupid stuff. With all due respect, stupid people are going to do stupid stuff no matter what training they are required to take. And, of course, training doesn’t apply to bad guys.....

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here is a response from my senator, Roland Pederson:

Good afternoon Gary,

Thanks for reaching out concerning the very important matter. I support HB2597 as it does address many of the concerns that were in the Constitutional Carry bill vetoed by the Governor last year. Included are specifics about the bill HB2597.

Latest posts

Top Bottom