Constitutional Carry Signed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wonder why we have to wait nearly a year to stop the infringement of our 2nd Amendment rights. November is a ways off.

Okay, I apologize for being a wise guy...it is my understanding that new laws typically go into effect after a specified time to allow for such things as Citizens Petitions or other legal processes opposing implementation of the newly enacted and signed law. I'm sure there are other reasons, but the "Right to Petition" is one of our most important rights, protected under the First Amendment. It protects us from stuff like what good old King George used to try to pull back in Colonial Times before we whooped the Brits and became the USA.
Here's a link for more info. In this, it says:

Oklahoma - "Bills without effective dates specified in bill text become effective 90 days after the session adjourns. Emergency measures become effective upon signing by the Governor".

http://statescape.com/resources/legislative/bill-effective-dates.aspx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Okay, I apologize for being a wise guy...it is my understanding that new laws typically go into effect after a specified time to allow for such things as Citizens Petitions or other legal processes opposing implementation of the newly enacted and signed law.

There may be circumstances that allow for immediate implementation, but I am not a lawyer so can’t really say what they are.

Yes, they can be passed with an "emergency" implementation clause. This one wasn't obviously. The waiting period is for legal challenges to be heard, I believe. We've waited long enough for this one.

Now that permitless carry is going to be law, we need to work on campus carry, IMO.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, they can be passed with an "emergency" implementation clause. This one wasn't obviously. The waiting period is for legal challenges to be heard, I believe. We've waited long enough for this one.

Now that permitless carry is going to be law, we need to work on campus carry, IMO.

Yes to Campus Carry. But I do not believe our voices alone are enough and it is going to take the collective voice of the population of the colleges and universities. The faculty, staff, and students need to support this and air their voices to their legislators in order for it to have a chance to become a reality. I’m all for it, and instead of sitting here and just talking about it, I need to look for some resources or organizations I can talk to to gain support for this measure. I believe I’ll do that, and if I can find such suitable resources or organizations, I’ll post here in a different thread.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
So teachers and support can have their CCW in the locked unattended car while on school property. Will Constitutional Carry allow for non permit holders to do the same?

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes to Campus Carry. But I do not believe our voices alone are enough and it is going to take the collective voice of the population of the colleges and universities. The faculty, staff, and students need to support this and air their voices to their legislators in order for it to have a chance to become a reality. I’m all for it, and instead of sitting here and just talking about it, I need to look for some resources or organizations I can talk to to gain support for this measure. I believe I’ll do that, and if I can find such suitable resources or organizations, I’ll post here in a different thread.

OK2A will be working on this issue.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Blood in the streets. Mark my words, this just makes it easier for bad guys to rape, rob, assault, murder, maim and kill. Next thing you know, people will be allowed to use dum-dum bullets too.

Speaking of stupid; did anyone watch Chicago Fire tonight? See, the Fireman found himself starring down the barrel of a gun; and then the crazy bad guy pulled the trigger...Fireman says the bad guy's gun jammed, and then the bad guy was gonna pull the trigger again, but I guess the police showed up just in time. Whew.

It was a revolver.

Probably a Taurus.....

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Blood in the streets. Mark my words, this just makes it easier for bad guys to rape, rob, assault, murder, maim and kill. Next thing you know, people will be allowed to use dum-dum bullets too.

Speaking of stupid; did anyone watch Chicago Fire tonight? See, the Fireman found himself starring down the barrel of a gun; and then the crazy bad guy pulled the trigger...Fireman says the bad guy's gun jammed, and then the bad guy was gonna pull the trigger again, but I guess the police showed up just in time. Whew.

It was a revolver.

Yep. I saw that. Thought the same thing. Guess I've been really lucky ... never had one of my revos jam.

Latest posts

Top Bottom