Constitutional Carry Signed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alank2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Will people still be able to acquire a SDA card, or will this new law replace that system?

Will other states who recognize conceal carry from OK accept that one can carry without an SDA card? Does that depend on the state? Some might say, fine you come from a state with permitless carry, and others might say you need it?

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think it will be up to each state as to how far they want to extend reciprocity, whether they will require a license or accept a state id. Just as they can decide whether they want to extend reciprocity at all, or not.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Heard some people in a local restaurant discussing it yesterday while at lunch... the amount of unfounded and irrational fear out there is staggering. They really think that the only thing keeping people from committing crime sprees all day every day is the fact they've not been allowed to carry a gun up to this point. lol

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Heard some people in a local restaurant discussing it yesterday while at lunch... the amount of unfounded and irrational fear out there is staggering. They really think that the only thing keeping people from committing crime sprees all day every day is the fact they've not been allowed to carry a gun up to this point. lol

Yep, OK is quickly becoming an urban culture, guns are not a part of normal life for most here, so fear from the left wing sound bites takes hold.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Remember when Open Carry passed? "OMG! Blood in the streets!" Didja see a jump in the amount of blood runnin' down the streets then? No. This is just the same old same old noise being shouted now by the libs and know-nothings as was shouted then. It will soon die down, all we need is for another political scandal to happen and the media will move on to that and Constitutional Carry will be moved to page 2, then page 3 and then be way in the background. Knowing how political scandals seem to work here in Oklahoma, it shouldn't be long before the next legislator or judge, or high-ranking official of some sort gets caught with their pants down doing something with something or somebody they shouldn't be doing.

It's just a matter of time...

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep, OK is quickly becoming an urban culture, guns are not a part of normal life for most here, so fear from the left wing sound bites takes hold.

It is exactly this reason why I wanted Open Carry. We need to see more regular, law-abiding, normal everyday people carrying. I know we have a lot of concealed carry people around, and while these people were bemoaning other people carrying guns in the restaurant, I just chuckled to myself, realizing I was carrying a Sig Sauer P365 and 35 rounds of ammo. Of course, it is easy to rest secure in ignorance. But I wish more people would show the "good guys" acting good, because all we see are bad guys acting bad. My son has grown up with no fear of guns, but a healthy respect for them and understands their place in society as a tool.

How did this happen? Exposure. Healthy, responsible exposure.

alank2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From a pure rights standpoint, I am thrilled with this because our rights should have never been trampled in the first place.

From a societal standpoint, I still want those who would carry to be wise people who know how to handle themselves. That is why I would prefer someone still go to a class covering things to think about and do regarding carrying a gun. I would want them themselves the question, am I the type of person that can handle this responsibility before that partake in it.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
From a pure rights standpoint, I am thrilled with this because our rights should have never been trampled in the first place.

From a societal standpoint, I still want those who would carry to be wise people who know how to handle themselves. That is why I would prefer someone still go to a class covering things to think about and do regarding carrying a gun. I would want them themselves the question, am I the type of person that can handle this responsibility before that partake in it.
. Do you think crinmals are gonna take the training class before they carry? Of course they won’t. And many of them have no clue how to handle a weapon. Law abiding citizens shouldn’t have to either. No matter what there is always going to be people carrying that are idiots. Same goes for driving. Do the classes you take to learn how to drive make people better and more safe drivers? Of course they don’t. And I don’t give a rats rear about what society thinks.

Latest posts

Top Bottom