Constitutional Carry Signed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alank2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Criminals don't care about the laws and they deserve what is coming to them.

Joe citizen however might hear this law and without some of the knowledge from the class, not think anything of carrying in prohibit places, some of which are felonies. Joe citizen might not know their rights of what they should and shouldn't do, and they can make all conceal carry look bad. I realize that can happen anyway, but in a touchy world where it is a battle between one side and another and we don't need bad press any more than I want to see someone exercising their rights go to prison because of something they didn't know.

Like I said, on a right level, "do not infringe", on a common sense level, let's do all we can to give people the knowledge for the best outcome for everyone.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is exactly this reason why I wanted Open Carry. We need to see more regular, law-abiding, normal everyday people carrying. I know we have a lot of concealed carry people around, and while these people were bemoaning other people carrying guns in the restaurant, I just chuckled to myself, realizing I was carrying a Sig Sauer P365 and 35 rounds of ammo. Of course, it is easy to rest secure in ignorance. But I wish more people would show the "good guys" acting good, because all we see are bad guys acting bad. My son has grown up with no fear of guns, but a healthy respect for them and understands their place in society as a tool.

How did this happen? Exposure. Healthy, responsible exposure.
I get thank yous all the time for carrying, Once from a OKCPO. He walked up to me and said "thank you for exercising your second amendment, we need more people like you"
Made me feel real good.

Ethan N

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You only need the SDA card to carry outside the state and only for those states that have reciprocity with Oklahoma.

You also need an SDA license to carry within 1,000 feet of the boundaries of K-12 school property (Gun-Free School Zones Act of 1990). Without a license, it’s a felony punishable by up to 5 years in prison.

That’s why we need to repeal the GFSZA.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Criminals don't care about the laws and they deserve what is coming to them.

Joe citizen however might hear this law and without some of the knowledge from the class, not think anything of carrying in prohibit places, some of which are felonies. Joe citizen might not know their rights of what they should and shouldn't do, and they can make all conceal carry look bad. I realize that can happen anyway, but in a touchy world where it is a battle between one side and another and we don't need bad press any more than I want to see someone exercising their rights go to prison because of something they didn't know.

Like I said, on a right level, "do not infringe", on a common sense level, let's do all we can to give people the knowledge for the best outcome for everyone.
I hope Joe citizen realizes that ignorance of the law is no excuse. I don't think we should all be required to get "trained" because some folks won't investigate before they do something. I believe that most gun free zones have some sort of signage warning Joe. These are purely the opinions of me and I ain't a lawyer or congressman or doctor and I've never played golf.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hope Joe citizen realizes that ignorance of the law is no excuse. I don't think we should all be required to get "trained" because some folks won't investigate before they do something. I believe that most gun free zones have some sort of signage warning Joe. These are purely the opinions of me and I ain't a lawyer or congressman or doctor and I've never played golf.
I work in a gov building that has no signage

Latest posts

Top Bottom