Constitutional carry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
only until it's effective date(november 1. 2018)

Sorry but it was granted "Emergency" status when it passed the senate. That means the second it is signed by the gov it becomes law and effective. In the state of Oklahoma you will be able to carry without a permit right away, no need to wait till Nov, 1st.

Reciprocacy with other states will still generally require a permit be issued.

POKE1911

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I agree with constitutional carry as right of the people. It shouldn’t be subject to fees or licensure. That being said, I am a still a fan of people taking a handgun class. Which goes against my beliefs of constitutional carry. I just see F@cking idots at the range all of the time handling firearms irresponsibly. Honestly, I don’t know that a class would help, but I don’t see what it would hurt.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry but it was granted "Emergency" status when it passed the senate. That means the second it is signed by the gov it becomes law and effective. In the state of Oklahoma you will be able to carry without a permit right away, no need to wait till Nov, 1st.
I thought the same, but others have posted that "emergency" status means that they can pick any effective date, and the bill itself specifies 1 November.

More's the pity, but just getting it passed is the important thing; a few more months won't kill us (especially since most of us have our permits already).

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree with constitutional carry as right of the people. It shouldn’t be subject to fees or licensure. That being said, I am a still a fan of people taking a handgun class. Which goes against my beliefs of constitutional carry. I just see F@cking idots at the range all of the time handling firearms irresponsibly. Honestly, I don’t know that a class would help, but I don’t see what it would hurt.
Oh, I'm always in favor of training, and have spent good money on it. I don't think it ought to be mandated by law, but getting competent instruction is always a good thing.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I thought the same, but others have posted that "emergency" status means that they can pick any effective date, and the bill itself specifies 1 November.

More's the pity, but just getting it passed is the important thing; a few more months won't kill us (especially since most of us have our permits already).

Hmmm, from what I was reading last night it was right away. Oh well.

Agreed a lot of us have them, mine expires in October.

I have no issue with the training part or at the very least using the weapon in a proficient manner on a regular basis for a competition. IMHO a USPSA or Steel Challenge match is a lot more rigorous and demanding than the shooting portion of the training that is required.

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Went to my first indoor range at one of the ENSs .I felt fine until other people not with us started filtering in. Then I got uneasy as heck !!

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Crap! I already took your word for the emergency thing lastnight and blew up my SDA! Man, I really gotta quit this jumping to conclusions thing. Now I don't have an SDA and I've got a bunch of broken Yeti products.

Last edited:

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hmmm, from what I was reading last night it was right away. Oh well.

Agreed a lot of us have them, mine expires in October.

I have no issue with the training part or at the very least using the weapon in a proficient manner on a regular basis for a competition. IMHO a USPSA or Steel Challenge match is a lot more rigorous and demanding than the shooting portion of the training that is required.
Yeah, that was my post saying it. I didn't go through and read the text of the bill like I should have. Mea culpa.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I gotta come down on the side of it's a right and training shouldn't be required.
But there's a lot of people I don't think should be carrying guns......or raising children........serving on juries.........voting.........driving........

....walking........talking........or generally interacting with mankind.....

Latest posts

Top Bottom