Constitutional carry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lol...

5f3fb8613d9188aebadd876999249bc7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The sad part is, I'm honestly trying to decide if this is Photoshop or not....

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Question, if I might: does this bill provide just for Oklahoma residents or can anyone in legal possession carry? Can a person from out of state carry without a license? This question was asked in the Kansas CCW forum.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Question, if I might: does this bill provide just for Oklahoma residents or can anyone in legal possession carry? Can a person from out of state carry without a license? This question was asked in the Kansas CCW forum.

Funny enough, I have the same question about Kansas as I spend some time up there once in awhile.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score

Interesting question.

I haven't checked that explicitly. I did read the bill, and I don't remember seeing anything that mentioned "oklahoma residents only" so I would think it would apply to anyone legally allowed to own the gun in the first place.

bigchuck83

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The sad part is, I'm honestly trying to decide if this is Photoshop or not....
Not photoshop, it is on the news on 6 website, From the article: "The biggest impact OSBI says comes in the form of background checks. According to the bill, no vetting of anyone in possession of a firearm beyond National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) check can be used. Currently, the NICS does not search mental health records, Oklahoma State Court Records for criminal cases, state drug conviction prohibitions, prohibitions for violence and domestic abuse, or protective orders for domestic relationships." They are also apparently unhappy that law enforcement isn't allowed to just stop and disarm or restrain someone without reasonable suspicion of criminal activity.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Funny enough, I have the same question about Kansas as I spend some time up there once in awhile.
I'm pretty sure Kansas allows non-resident constitutional carry. In any event, as long as you have your SDA license, you're covered, as Kansas is like Oklahoma in that they honor ALL OOS licenses.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
YES, residence from other constitutional carry states have had the right to carry here for quite some time!

That was based on reciprocity. Does Kansas have Constitutional Carry?

Either way, I was answering on a general perspective. If someone from CA or NY without a carry license from their home state or anywhere else, was here, and owned a gun legally, would they be allowed to carry under the Constitutional Carry? Based on what I remember from reading the bill earlier this week, the answer is yes.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That was based on reciprocity. Does Kansas have Constitutional Carry?

Either way, I was answering on a general perspective. If someone from CA or NY without a carry license from their home state or anywhere else, was here, and owned a gun legally, would they be allowed to carry under the Constitutional Carry? Based on what I remember from reading the bill earlier this week, the answer is yes.
Indeed it does.

BTW, here is the news on 6 story mentioned a moment ago.

http://www.newson6.com/story/38107803/osbi-voices-concern-over-constitutional-carry-bill

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They are also apparently unhappy that law enforcement isn't allowed to just stop and disarm or restrain someone without reasonable suspicion of criminal activity.

THAT is a load of ******** and the fact that they are saying it outloud tells me that OSBI needs to be done away with completely. I'm pretty sure ABLE and DPS could swallow up whatever administrative stuff OSBI thinks they contribute to the war on opioids without so much as the blink of an eye.

Latest posts

Top Bottom