Constitutional Carry!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Clay mentioned earlier in the thread that one of links posted showed which way each rep voted. I've clicked em all and still no luck. I'd sure like to know which republicans opposed it. Thanks to anyone who can help me!

These are all of the votes. http://webserver1.lsb.state.ok.us/cf/2019-20 SUPPORT DOCUMENTS/votes/House/HB2597_VOTES.HTM now to figure out if it was a D R L or I voting you will need to look the person up.

SOOOO for instance you would search "Mize Oklahoma state house rep" and one of the top results would be https://www.okhouse.gov/members/District.aspx?District=31

Or you can plug their name in here https://www.okhouse.gov/members/ as well and search through that way.

CorpsVet

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Report on the local news about the most recent action, and once again law enforcement is crying "there will blood running in the streets", and, of course, the folks giving carry classes are in opposition also.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the list OK2A!
IMG_3870.PNG

Attachments

• IMG_3871.PNG
    IMG_3871.PNG
    227 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was VERY disappointed. The instructor spent the whole class reading the text of the law word for word from the OSBI manual. Some “what if” questions were asked by the class and the answer was always “you need to ask an attorney”.
It sounds like you got a bad instructor, or else they changed the class significantly since I took it.
The test was entirely on firearms safety, yet nothing was taught about safe handling of firearms. A review of the test was given before the test was given.

The qualification course was a joke. A total of fifty rounds were fired from three and seven yards on a full size silhouette human shaped target. No time limit or scoring whatsoever. When I stepped back and looked at the other targets there were many who had only three or four hits on the whole target.
Maybe things have changed, but when I took the class not long after the SDA was enacted, the class was almost entirely about safe gun handling. It wouldn't be confused with a safe carrying class, just the basics of gun safety. They used what I was told was the military method of instruction: we'll tell you what we're gonna tell you, then we'll tell you, then we'll tell you what we told you, then we'll take a test on it. (And, quite frankly, if you couldn't pass that test, I'm pretty sure you'd have trouble fogging a mirror, let alone carrying.)

The shooting "test" wasn't scored, but it was timed. At "point blank" and "point blank with a lean" ranges, there wouldn't be much point in scoring it, but it was mostly about demonstrating safe gun handling. As we put it at the time, as long as you didn't shoot yourself, didn't shoot one of the other students, and didn't shoot the instructor, you were going to pass.
The current system is a money maker for the state. Minimum training that is not paid for by the state. Just enough to say that the permit carriers have received training. Fees to the state from the instructors to be “State Certified Instructors”. Fees to the state from applicants.
Given the way gov't usually works, it's probably not enough money to cover the costs, but I agree with this.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anything in the bill that refers to the MMJ licences? I find it somewhat annoying that having a SDA Permit makes it impossible to have a MMJ permit.
There is another bill in the works on that. I need to research it but just heard about it last night.
Basically it says LEO can't screw with you if you have a Medical cannabis card and guns.

HeyEng

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is another bill in the works on that. I need to research it but just heard about it last night.
Basically it says LEO can't screw with you if you have a Medical cannabis card and guns.
Gotcha...I will dig and see if I can find it.

If CC passes, is there any good reason to maintain the SDA permit?

Latest posts

Top Bottom