1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Constitutional Carry!

Discussion in 'Self Defense and Handgun Carry' started by golddigger14s, Apr 26, 2018.

1. NightShade

NightShade Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%

These are all of the votes. http://webserver1.lsb.state.ok.us/cf/2019-20 SUPPORT DOCUMENTS/votes/House/HB2597_VOTES.HTM now to figure out if it was a D R L or I voting you will need to look the person up.

SOOOO for instance you would search "Mize Oklahoma state house rep" and one of the top results would be https://www.okhouse.gov/members/District.aspx?District=31

Or you can plug their name in here https://www.okhouse.gov/members/ as well and search through that way.

Cowcatcher likes this.
  2. CorpsVet

CorpsVet Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Report on the local news about the most recent action, and once again law enforcement is crying "there will blood running in the streets", and, of course, the folks giving carry classes are in opposition also.

3. Shadowrider

Shadowrider Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
  4. Cowcatcher

Cowcatcher Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Thanks for the list OK2A!
    IMG_3870.PNG

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
  5. okie362

okie362 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    None of the instructors I know personally oppose it, including myself.

D. Hargrove likes this.
  6. SoonerP226

SoonerP226 Sharpshooter

It sounds like you got a bad instructor, or else they changed the class significantly since I took it.
    Maybe things have changed, but when I took the class not long after the SDA was enacted, the class was almost entirely about safe gun handling. It wouldn't be confused with a safe carrying class, just the basics of gun safety. They used what I was told was the military method of instruction: we'll tell you what we're gonna tell you, then we'll tell you, then we'll tell you what we told you, then we'll take a test on it. (And, quite frankly, if you couldn't pass that test, I'm pretty sure you'd have trouble fogging a mirror, let alone carrying.)

The shooting "test" wasn't scored, but it was timed. At "point blank" and "point blank with a lean" ranges, there wouldn't be much point in scoring it, but it was mostly about demonstrating safe gun handling. As we put it at the time, as long as you didn't shoot yourself, didn't shoot one of the other students, and didn't shoot the instructor, you were going to pass.
    Given the way gov't usually works, it's probably not enough money to cover the costs, but I agree with this.

7. CHenry

CHenry Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    There is another bill in the works on that. I need to research it but just heard about it last night.
    Basically it says LEO can't screw with you if you have a Medical cannabis card and guns.

8. Glocktogo

Glocktogo Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Screw em.

D. Hargrove likes this.
  9. HeyEng

HeyEng Sharpshooter

Gotcha...I will dig and see if I can find it.

If CC passes, is there any good reason to maintain the SDA permit?

10. CHenry

CHenry Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    If you travel, some stated dont have the same reciprocity laws that OK does.
    Thats the rub, currently someone in AR can come to OK with a gun and no permit and OK allows that but OK doesnt allow its own to carry without a permit.

Cowcatcher likes this.