Constitutional Carry!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
But there are those in our society that are not as smart or responsible as we are. Those are the ones that create the constant threat to this right.

Before anyone gets teed off, I sent both the GOA and NRA letters this morning. I am in support of this, but I also understand the opposition to it.
I would understand the opposition to it a lot better if someone could point out the states where it doesn't work.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It really doesn't matter if it works or not. It's the voter perception that we are competing against. Way too many times, when a shooting occurs, the shooter is presented as a person that legally permitted to purchase a firearm and the question is always, "how was someone like this permitted to have a gun?"

That's the opposition that we face.

Ethan N

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If CC passes, is there any good reason to maintain the SDA permit?

Without a license it’s a felony punishable by up to 5 years in prison to posses a loaded firearm within 1,000 feet of the boundaries of K-12 school property (Gun-Free School Zones Act of 1990).

Even if you have an SDA license, the GFSZA applies anywhere outside Oklahoma, but that’s a separate issue.

Last edited:

Ethan N

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m saying if you are a purist then you should never ever spend a penny with any establishment that infringes on your right to keep and near arms anytime .....anyplace, BUT WE DONT! That’s is what others here always try to throw in your face.....”so you beleive in 2A conditons”. Plenty of people question your commitment if you don’t agree..... there are plenty of reasons the 2A is infringes that we all agree with

The Second Amendment doesn’t give anyone the right to carry a firearm on private property against the wishes of whoever controls the property. A no guns sign on the door of a restaurant is a private matter between the owner and the (potential) customer, not an infringement of your rights. On the contrary, the restaurant owner has the right to decide who he wants on his property for virtually any reason.

Regardless, I guess call me a purist. It’s been years since I spent a penny at any non-government-owned business that didn’t allow me to carry on their premises. I can’t remember the last time.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Second Amendment doesn’t give anyone the right to carry a firearm on private property against the wishes of whoever controls the property. A no guns sign on the door of a restaurant is a private matter between the owner and the (potential) customer, not an infringement of your rights. On the contrary, the restaurant owner has the right to decide who he wants on his property for virtually any reason.

Regardless, I guess call me a purist. It’s been years since I spent a penny at any non-government-owned business that didn’t allow me to carry on their premises. I can’t remember the last time.
I try to do the same. I do take joy in telling those establishments why I avoid them as well; usually by email. My latest was to Dick's Sporting Goods congratulating them for their recent poor financial performance. Told them they may want to re-think their firearms policy. I finished with "On second thought, stay the course - here's to hoping for your bankruptcy".

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I try to do the same. I do take joy in telling those establishments why I avoid them as well; usually by email. My latest was to Dick's Sporting Goods congratulating them for their recent poor financial performance. Told them they may want to re-think their firearms policy. I finished with "On second thought, stay the course - here's to hoping for your bankruptcy".
Wow...
What a dick move.

Latest posts

Top Bottom