1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Constitutional Carry!

Discussion in 'Self Defense and Handgun Carry' started by golddigger14s, Apr 26, 2018.

1. CHenry

CHenry Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    If I tell ya your not allowed to carry a firearm in my house, is that a violation of your 2 A rights in order to bolster my rights?
    Of course I wouldnt tell you that but for the sake of making a point...

DavidMcMillan likes this.
  2. OKCHunter

OKCHunter Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    No - your property right is above my right. In that case, I would decline the invitation to your house. I would mention that if you disarm visitors are you assuming responsibility for their safety in the event of a criminal event. If so, how?

Ethan N likes this.
  3. Honey Badger

Honey Badger Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    You knows guys and gals, it just seems to me that it’s politically okay to be boisterous, obnoxious, and condescending if you are against something. The liberal take on political issues is a perfect example. Anyone that doesn’t agree with their points of view are labeled racist, bigots, anti-simatists. Maybe gun owners and people who are for the 2nd amendment should get a little louder! Maybe a little less politically correct. I’m starting to think all this playing nice, using sound logic, “trying whisper against the hurricane” isn’t going anywhere!

Just my .02 but I’m cool with 2A advocates getting louder and making themselves heard.

4. CHenry

CHenry Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I would say, no. If they are disarmed and still chose to stay on my property, seems they have forfeited any right to protection in the event a criminal act occurred.
    Same is true of a business that postes no guns. Of course I pay no attention to those signs, I just conceal it.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2019
    okierider, DavidMcMillan and kwaynem like this.
  5. OKCHunter

OKCHunter Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I think that is the position those businesses assume as well. Not responsible for any criminal activity involving guns if they post the property. They fall back to the posting applies to the criminals as well. We all know that criminals will respect that no firearms posting as well, right. This is where the liberal thinking falls apart.

F' them. That is where I point out the idiocy of their no firearms posting. I know my complaints have resulted in the removal of at least one no firearms posting which was actually later replaced by a pro 2nd amendment posting - Chilino's on May avenue. The manager peeled the posting off the front door while I was in the restaurant.

dennishoddy and kwaynem like this.
  6. DavidMcMillan

DavidMcMillan Retired & Enjoying Life!

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    These businesses that post the "no guns" signs, are perfectly within their rights, the same bundle of rights we claim. If we don't like that policy, just don't go. There is no useful reason for getting ugly with store personnel.

Ethan N and D. Hargrove like this.
  7. OKCHunter

OKCHunter Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    True. You got to take the compliant to the management.

DavidMcMillan likes this.
  8. DavidMcMillan

DavidMcMillan Retired & Enjoying Life!

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Or in the case of "chain" operations, to the ownership.

OKCHunter likes this.
  9. Glocktogo

Glocktogo Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    The problem is the perception of imperceptive people. :(

If the rights of more than one person are in conflict, the best response is to debate the merits without prejudgment and come to an agreeable solution for all. It's sad how infrequently that happens these days.

10. Catt57

Catt57 Gill-Gun Guru

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Not saying wrong or right here, just found these to be interesting historical info that you never hear about.

The notorious incident at the O.K. Corral took place in the closest equivalent to a “gun-free zone” in the 19th century. The gun control measure, such that it was, did little to stem gun violence, and likely provoked the infamous confrontation.

https://www.dailysignal.com/2018/03/08/gun-ownership-not-gun-control-succeeded-wild-west/

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/gun-control-old-west-180968013/

Last edited: Feb 19, 2019
    dennishoddy and OKCHunter like this.