1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Constitutional Carry!

Discussion in 'Self Defense and Handgun Carry' started by golddigger14s, Apr 26, 2018.

1. NightShade

NightShade Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%

I posted on another thread how we can easily keep people safe and allow no gun signs to have the force of law with constitutional carry. All businesses would have to implement armed security and metal detectors at every entrance is the gist of it. Do I really want to be in a bar with a bunch of potential drunks carrying, not really.... Then again I don't go to bars so it's not going to effect me either way.

2. Snattlerake

Snattlerake Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    The problem there is in Oklahoma a bar is where more than a certain percentage of the income is in alcohol. I cannot remember the percentage right now. With that in mind, sometimes Chili's, Applebees, Hooters, etc can be considered bars.

3. golddigger14s

golddigger14s Sharpshooter

I don't think there is a certain %.
    "You may not carry a firearm in an establishment where liquor is consumed. However, if you have a concealed carry permit, you may carry a firearm into a restaurant or other establishment that serves liquor as long as alcohol sales do not constitute the primary purpose of the business. (Okla. Stat. Ann. tit. 21, ยง 1272.1.)"
    Chili's, Applebees, Hooters, good to go. Just can't go in the over 21 only bar area. A good rule of thumb is if you can have someone under 21 sit with you, then you can carry.

kwaynem likes this.
  4. Snattlerake

Snattlerake Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I stand corrected.

5. dennishoddy

dennishoddy Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    We were in Red River NM two years ago on Memorial weekend. 20,000+ bikers in town. Every bar had chain link fence put up at the entrance with every patron coming in getting wanded for weapons by NM state troopers.
    A couple years back, went to Stillwater and decided to eat at the Buffalo Wild Wings. Manager was greeting and opening the door for customers. As I was walking in, there was a big sign that said no CC weapons allowed. Stopped, told the guy I couldn't enter as I was carrying, and he laughed then said not to worry as it was required by their insurance. They didn't care.
    I'm sure If I were a representative of his insurance company, that would result in some feedback.

dlmcm, kwaynem and MacFromOK like this.
  6. NightShade

NightShade Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Some places don't care. The only thing I can think of on the insurance company is they get a better rate by putting the sign up. Would I put up a sign to get a better rate, sure. The sign would be about 3 inches by 3 inches and around back by the dumpster. Most of the time the insurance companies they deal with are not local anyway and the chances they will send someone out is pretty low unless you have a bunch of claims.

7. Cowcatcher

Cowcatcher Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Just got an email from OK2A
    IMG_3721.PNG

Dale00 likes this.
  8. Snattlerake

Snattlerake Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Izzat the old one or a new bill?
    The old bill just needed to override her veto yes?

9. Dave70968

Dave70968 Sharpshooter

Yes, but it expired when the legislature adjourned, so a new one had to be passed in the new session.

Snattlerake and Cowcatcher like this.
  10. tRidiot

tRidiot Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Exactly, and if I remember right, she actually let the legislature go home and waited to veto the bill, thus the session was ended and it couldn't be overridden without recalling the legislature for an emergency session - something she would have had to do.

Just one more "F you" to the people of Oklahoma by Mary Fallin, showing us how our "betters" rule.

kwaynem, Snattlerake and D. Hargrove like this.