Constutional carry law

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HeyEng

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It sure would be nice to have a "Plain English" version of this Oklahoma Constitutional Carry Law for us "Commoners" to try to follow instead of the Lawyer English version when they get it printed, Ya Know?.

By the way, I still have not found the finished product of the statutes. Anyone have a link?

As I mentioned in another thread, the best place to see new laws incorporated is through OSCN. Some of it may not be in "layman's terms" but it's as plain as it's going to get and it's updated as of Nov 1, 2019.

https://www.oscn.net/applications/oscn/index.asp?ftdb=STOKST&level=1

HeyEng

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From the Enrolled HR 2597 is the final version.
"Section 1289.24FIREARM REGULATION –STATE PREEMPTION A. 1. The State Legislature hereby occupies and preempts the entire field of legislation in this state touching in any way firearms, knives, components, ammunition, and supplies to the complete exclusion of any order, ordinance, or regulation by any municipality or other political subdivision of this state. Any existing or future orders, ordinances, or regulations in this field, except as provided for in paragraph 2 of this subsection and subsection C of this section, are null and void."

Not starting a moral, common sense, your personal opinion or "just because you can" discussion, only talking about the legal aspect. If the Enrolled HR 2597 is the final version, Oklahoma is now like another state I used to visit where you could stop off at a bar and have a beer while carrying and be totally legal. There are no restrictions I can find in the text, the Bold above seems to negate any legislation that may pertain to alcohol consumption regulations in any other regulation.

Anyone see anything different?

This is only preemption...basically it says that only the Legislature can make rules...cities, municipality, etc. can't make up their own rules. I am not offering you legal advice, but if you carry into a TRUE BAR, you do so at your peril.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Frikkin lawyers and their legalese. They write this crap to make it so ONLY lawyers can interpret it in order to perform walletectomies upon the unsuspecting populace. Whatever happened to, "You can not carry this hand gun in this bar."? "You can not carry any gun into any building owned by the city or county." "You can not carry any gun into any business that has a sign on the entrance asking you not to."

On another subject, when do you think they are going to take away the constitutional rights they just gave back to us?

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
NikatKimber, thanks for posting the latest version of the Oklahoma SDA laws. However, this document only addresses carriers that have an SDA license. Several topics are being discussed here, one of them concerned that the laws might be different for non-licensed legal carriers. Other than the marked through changes document to mesh with this SDA document, there does not seem to be an equivalent document for non SDA licensed Oklahoma Citizens wanting to carry under our new supposedly "Constitutional Carry" laws. I think an official document addressing that would solve a lot of questions for a lot of people as to where we are at this point in time.

HeyEng

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Frikkin lawyers and their legalese. They write this crap to make it so ONLY lawyers can interpret it in order to perform walletectomies upon the unsuspecting populace. Whatever happened to, "You can not carry this hand gun in this bar."? "You can not carry any gun into any building owned by the city or county." "You can not carry any gun into any business that has a sign on the entrance asking you not to."

On another subject, when do you think they are going to take away the constitutional rights they just gave back to us?
Can't make it simple because someone will figure out away around it and exploit it. Example...what is a gun? A business? A publicly owned building? Not saying that it's right...it's just the way it is and it ain't changing anytime soon.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can't make it simple because someone will figure out away around it and exploit it. Example...what is a gun? A business? A publicly owned building? Not saying that it's right...it's just the way it is and it ain't changing anytime soon.
Proves my point.
Confuse, Obfuscate, and Invoice
Attorneys at law

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
NikatKimber, thanks for posting the latest version of the Oklahoma SDA laws. However, this document only addresses carriers that have an SDA license. Several topics are being discussed here, one of them concerned that the laws might be different for non-licensed legal carriers. Other than the marked through changes document to mesh with this SDA document, there does not seem to be an equivalent document for non SDA licensed Oklahoma Citizens wanting to carry under our new supposedly "Constitutional Carry" laws. I think an official document addressing that would solve a lot of questions for a lot of people as to where we are at this point in time.
I walked into a restaurant today with a colt woodsman no gun sign on the entrance door, and a beretta on the other door. I felt safe under the law because they didn't depict my M&P, so I carried in concealed. (satire)

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I walked into a restaurant today with a colt woodsman no gun sign on the entrance door, and a beretta on the other door. I felt safe under the law because they didn't depict my M&P, so I carried in concealed. (satire)
I doubt anyone will have a Taurus G2c ban sign!

Latest posts

Top Bottom