Contact for Elk Hide Tanning

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slas

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Can anyone give me an idea of who might be able to tan an Elk hide for me, and how much, more or less, I can expect to pay.

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Call any taxidermist, they should know. I had one done in '06 by a guy in Edmond, but he sent it off to someplace in California. It turned out real good, I think I paid $200 back in the day. I don't remember his name or how I found him. He was an older guy who worked out of his house somewhere. I think he was west of the High School on Danforth several blocks. Not much info but I hope it helps.

magna19

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I heard almost all taxidermist send them off to be done. Seems like one told me that they prep the hide in a solution until they get several and send all at once to California. Also was told a big part of the process was done by machine.

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've used Terry's in okc I'm s pretty sure he sends them off somewhere. I think it was around 200.

Sent from NSA wire tapped device.

Foghorn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dirty Creek Taxidermy & Tannery
Brent Gorman
4020 E. 133rd St. So
Muskogee, Ok. 74403
918-989-5465

Guess I got the Ardmore part wrong... I'm still looking to see if I have another card from someone else...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom