1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

Contact with LEO and CCW experiences.

Discussion in 'Law & Order' started by TSQUARE, Dec 18, 2020.

Experience when CCW and LEO contact

1. Positive (they seem appreciative you informed)

88.4%
  2. Negative (they seem annoyed you informed)

4.7%
  3. I’m a law breaking rebel and don’t inform

7.0%
  1. Fredkrueger100

Fredkrueger100 Come to Freddy!!

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I’ve been pulled over several times and each one the cop was really nice with the exception of one but it was because I pulled out in front of him and he wasn’t too happy about it. I didn’t know it was a cop or I wouldn’t have done it. One HIPO thanked me for carrying and also for “doing everything right” by how I acted. None has ever acted annoyed or otherwise.

2. Youngers Bend

Youngers Bend Marksman

Supporter
    Here in western Arkansas, no cops give a rat's ass unless you're doing something stupid with it or threatening someone. It simply never comes up to my knowledge unless you're a convicted felon. The overwhelming majority of people who take a ride through the criminal justice system are the same 5% of the population who commit 95% of the crime. Those are the people cops deal with. And you all know it's true from your own experiences. I'll gamble that no one here has any experience being arrested, booked into a jail, or even temporarily detained except for traffic violations. There's a reason for that.

3. MacFromOK

MacFromOK Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Gotta love your optimism...
    :drunk2:

RickN, Aku, Dumpstick and 1 other person like this.
  4. Slim Deal

Slim Deal Sharpshooter

Youngers Bend must be a dreamer.

RickN likes this.
  5. 50Shooter

50Shooter Marksman

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    The law changed. You are no longer required to notify. Now you must reply truthfully if asked. Join OK2A so you can keep up on the changes even before they become law. I have had excellent results leaving my hands on the steering wheel when asked for DL saying something like “I’ll be glad to get that for you but before I do want to tell you I’m armed. How would you like me to proceed”. Then be very patient and wait until instructed. It’s all about letting them know you don’t want to hurt them. Smile and be friendly. I always notify to show I support their reasonable safety practices. Keep it positive. If your LE guy/gal is clearly having a bad day just remain silent and get thru the contact. You should not consent to search or answer 20 questions about where you are going.

Bchance, dennishoddy and Aku like this.
  6. Aku

Aku Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I've never had a problem with LEO's and being armed.

7. TedKennedy

TedKennedy Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    This x 100.

WTF does "where are you headed" got to do with "you didn't signal"? Fishing expeditions.....

kwaynem and Dumpstick like this.
  8. OKNewshawk

OKNewshawk Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Maybe he wanted to see if your turn signals aren't working in one direction?

TedKennedy likes this.
  9. DavidMcMillan

DavidMcMillan Enjoy your life!

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    The last time I was stopped, was on the Muskogee Turnpike in 2004, and I had just come from an estate sale and had five handguns laying on the passenger side floor. Trooper laughingly asked what I was doing, I told him the story and we spent the next ten minutes talking about each of them and I left with a warning. I have never had a bad experience with LEO since 1964 when a high school friend and I were in a car that matched one they were looking for.

OKNewshawk likes this.
  10. CHenry

CHenry Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I havent been stopped since around 2004 and wasnt carrying then. However I have had 2 LEOs comment on my open carry and both thanked me for exercising my rights.

DavidMcMillan likes this.