Contact with LEO and CCW experiences.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Experience when CCW and LEO contact

• Total voters

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'll gamble that no one here has any experience being arrested, booked into a jail, or even temporarily detained except for traffic violations. There's a reason for that.

Gotta love your optimism...
:drunk2:
How much money you got riding on that?
I'll take that bet for $5000
Pretty sure you can safely bet the farm... :D
:drunk2:

Spent a weekend in county once. Was a victim of being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Was booked and everything. Had to get out on bail. At the hearing the judge wouldn't even pay attention to my attorney and just assumed I was guilty. The victim even wrote the judge a letter that I wasn't the party that caused the problem in the first place. He still judged me guilty and I ended up getting probation because of that A hole judge. As soon as it was served and I could, I got the whole thing expunged. I should also mention the entire thing was all over a misdemeanor charge as well.

It has been a long time ago and to this day I get p155ed just thinking about how that judge assumed I was guilty even when I was proven innocent. To this day I get bent out of shape when I am accused of something I did not do.

Last edited:

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not the thread probably, but do all LEO here have to carry the same Glock? If not do partners make sure to carry the same weapon incase on of them runs out?
That used to be a consideration/policy on larger police departments. I think when the department issues your sidearm and ammo that is your duty weapon and no substitutes are permitted. Smaller departments had minimum requirements and maximum limits. More of a personal preference. Throwing ammo is not a good idea

ls3mach

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That used to be a consideration/policy on larger police departments. I think when the department issues your sidearm and ammo that is your duty weapon and no substitutes are permitted. Smaller departments had minimum requirements and maximum limits. More of a personal preference. Throwing ammo is not a good idea
Any idea what are force OKC/Moore/Norman does. I know we have a lot of LEO. Was just curious.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m not sure about others, but I always appreciate people telling me that they’re armed. And besides a guy doing 105 in a 45, I don’t remember ever giving anyone that was armed a ticket. I figure that most with a concealed license (or law abiding armed citizen now) aren’t criminals, don’t get into trouble much, and odds are they’re pretty good people.
Good attitude to have but still maintain situational awareness. Don't relax too soon. A lot of life changing events can happen after the background check of the gun carrier. Bankruptcy, divorce, drugs, all can change a person and their demeanor. Maintain control.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
cop-car.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom