Contractor Rips Roof From Wrong House and Leaves

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Right after a big hailstorm hit my little community, I witnessed hoards of cars and pickups with magnetic signs on them driving around town representing all kinds of roof repair companies.
I noticed one had a sign, Two Guys That Drink Beer Roofing Company. At least they were honest.

Foxfire5

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A company in Texas came up to us and said we had hail damage and it needed replacement. We filed a claim and it was approved and these guys put shingles on and they hung over the edge of the roof 6" -honest! They screwed up the furring trim by nailing shingles thru the strips. It was a literal Chinese fire drill without the Chinese. They put those metal valleys on and the wind caught them and bent the heck out of them and they still installed them.
When I complained and said the shingles aren't supposed to hang 6" off the edge, they offered to cut 5 inches off. I then registered a complaint with the home company in Texas and then sent a guy up and said the roof was manufactured with defects and said they'd get with the shingle manufacturer and see what they said. End result, the shingle company agreed they had a bad batch of shingles produced and they'd pay for a new roof.
My insurance company sent me a check and one guy was afraid to come by and pick it up and the flakey roofer that started the saga came by and picked it up. I signed it and he took the check and did not deliver it to the roofing company, he paid his workers and himself! I found from the home roofing company that he was in training and wanted to start his own roofing company and was getting the training on my house.
Never, never use an out of state company, I was too trusting and felt that others could be trusted. They can't.
I am a retired Ironworker out of Philadelphia, PA and as you may know Philly has a lot of row houses. My former In laws had such a house. They were told they needed a new roof by a guy that was reroofing a housed down the street. The guy told them when he was up fixing their neighbors house he saw there were holes in their roof and could give them a break on time and materials as he was roofing the neighbors roof. Cost was $600. back in the '60's. So they took his offer and all he did was get two guys up on the roof took a rope and a empty tar stained bucket drop it down every now and then yelled "send up more mud" while the other two guys thumped on the roof with hammers. Found that out when they didn't pay some kid and he ratted on them to the cops. Lessons learned.

Latest posts

Top Bottom