CONTROLLED HUNTS--LETS HEAR HOW YOU DID

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
2016-11-14 05.45.13.jpg
30 years ago todaymy dad and his friend took these off of the Wichita Mts hunt. Pic was taken with an old 110 camera, and the flash was off center, as you can see in the lower right hand corner lol.

300WSM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've never seen so many deer trails and tracks. The plowed roads looked like they were beaten down by cattle. The manager guy showed us a pic of a nice buck killed wednesday morning. Said the guy was dragging his doe out and the buck stepped out. With the moon and heat most deer were probably moving at night.

ElkStalkR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
First evening here at tishomingo nwr was a disappointment. Saw little deer sign and tons of hog sign. Guess what I saw this evening? You guessed it. The pathetic thing is the Feds are pouring money into Oklahoma to help with hog eradication yet you can't shoot them on federal property during a controlled hunt so I let them walk on by! Betcha I see them tomorrow. The amount of hog sign in my zone is ridiculous.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
First evening here at tishomingo nwr was a disappointment. Saw little deer sign and tons of hog sign. Guess what I saw this evening? You guessed it. The pathetic thing is the Feds are pouring money into Oklahoma to help with hog eradication yet you can't shoot them on federal property during a controlled hunt so I let them walk on by! Betcha I see them tomorrow. The amount of hog sign in my zone is ridiculous.

Same thing happened to me when I hunted Tish a few years back. That was the year it was 80 degrees on December 9th. Deer weren't coming out until dark, so I was hunting the brush and walked up on hogs multiple times.

Latest posts

Top Bottom