Conversation starter for your Dem friends.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I met the farmer for the next field to mine years ago on our fenceline (after I had convinced one of his young bulls to jump the fence back where he belongs), he informed me that "us farmers vote dem". I probably said something like "so that's how that works" and wished him a fine day. I just don't understand how a 70+ year old man listens to the crazy crap coming from the left nowadays and stays aligned with it.

Back in the '80's, I ran for and won a seat on the local school board. While visiting with folks and asking them to consider me, one of my friends told me to go see "farmer X," who was one that NEVER voted for a Republican, for any reason. So, taking the challenge, I went to see "farmer X," who happened to be one of my customers. I told him I was running for school board and would appreciate him considering me.

After the election, he came up by the office to visit. He told me that even though he didn't really care for my opponent, there was just no way he could have voted for me because I was an "R."

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I met the farmer for the next field to mine years ago on our fenceline (after I had convinced one of his young bulls to jump the fence back where he belongs), he informed me that "us farmers vote dem". I probably said something like "so that's how that works" and wished him a fine day. I just don't understand how a 70+ year old man listens to the crazy crap coming from the left nowadays and stays aligned with it.

Those old timer farmers were politically shaped out of programs like The New Deal, WPA projects, CRP programs, and heavy farm welfare that continues today. Democrats used to be real good to farmers.

Latest posts

Top Bottom