Convert your mower or generator to multifuel.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know a lot of people complain about ethanol. Not going into a discussion about the pros and cons. One of the major issues with small engines is being able to easily adjust the fuel metering. In a SHTF situation the first fuel that is going to be sold out will be the non or low ethanol fuel. Like it or not what will be left after a longer period of time will be the E85 fuels or you may end up distilling your own in a long term situation.

https://tillotson.ie/product-category/carburetors/tct/

Also makes the engine a little more "tune able" without changing jets or a lot of extra work once the conversion is done. Had never heard of it before but supposedly uses a sort of mechanical fuel injection. This on it's own will not allow you to run natural gas or propane but the ability to run E0 to E100 along with everything in between might be an advantage worth having.

On small engine power sports it will allow tuning so that the engine will pull a little harder or let the kids burn E85 in it which might be a little cheaper.

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
If the SHTF last thing I am worried about is mowing and trimming my manicured lawn. I do think a dual fuel generator is worth wild investment but they burn up some propane in a hurry. Generators get real expensive on any fuel in a crisis situation because all the fuel is outrageous and in short supply.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A lot of WWII (and later?) military vehicles would run on anything from oil/kerosene to gasoline (IIRC, some would even run on coal dust).

The idea was that you never know what fuel is going to be available in a hostile environment.

Just a side note. :drunk2:

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If the SHTF last thing I am worried about is mowing and trimming my manicured lawn. I do think a dual fuel generator is worth wild investment but they burn up some propane in a hurry. Generators get real expensive on any fuel in a crisis situation because all the fuel is outrageous and in short supply.

The reason for mentioning mowers is that the system doesn't bog down like a regular carb does with heavy loads and they are designed to work with Ethanol so need to worry about what you put in the tank nor what mandates may come about.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A lot of WWII (and later?) military vehicles would run on anything from oil/kerosene to gasoline (IIRC, some would even run on coal dust).

The idea was that you never know what fuel is going to be available in a hostile environment.

Called multi-fuel vehicles. Don't know about the recent ones but the 60-70's duece's and 5 tons were multifuel. Ran on AV-gas, Regular gas, Kerosene, Diesel, lighter fluid, or straight Vodka. Anything that would burn.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a 5500 watt gen at the lake house, bought a kit to run off propane. I have a 500gal tank there I can easily refill the small bottles that will run 5-6 hours. I need to tap the line for a direct connect and use it for my grill the rest of the time.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

The multi-fuel systems would never fly with today’s EPA!

Oh, and there are no pros for ethanol use.

Latest posts

Top Bottom