Convince me to buy something other than a Glock 19

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JbobG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I am the worst about selling and trading guns way more than I should and I traded my carry gun for a rifle a few weeks back. I have tried a P320, P365, M&P 2.0, and even a Staccato C2 DUO. I keep going back to a Glock 19 as just feels nice and is at a reasonable price range. Any handgun over $1000 is nice but I have trouble holding onto it when I know I can have a nice rifle set up for that price. A Glock 19 size is the sweet spot for me that actually seems to conceal better (with a quality holster/belt) than the 365s or Shields that I've owned. Would not be against trying other guns in a similar size and price range because as I mentioned before, I don't mind trading/selling.

Particularly interested in trying the midsize FN MRD 509 (15rds) and the CZ P07. I know there are others out there in the same boat as I am and always end up wanting a Glock for carry, even after experiencing more expensive guns. Really just wanting to hear what other people here think.
I recommend Jimenez.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I figure buy whatever works for you.
But don't forget the cost of magazines, holsters, any new sights you might want to put on, etc.
See if those accessories are in stock and the Cha-Ching! price before deciding.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The MRD system on the 509 is one thing that was attractive vs getting an MOS Glock. I have a 19 plate from CPHWS or whatever that company is so it isn't too bad.

I may just go rent a 509 and try it out but that seems too obvious.
Gotcha. The CHPWS plate is a game changer for the Glock. Fills in on its weak link.

You're more than welcome to give one of mine a whirl if you can't find one to rent.

udiablo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a 19, but I also have a G45 (9mm) and suggest you try one. Its what I usually take with me each day now, unless I need something smaller and it take a G33 (357sig).

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I traded my Glock 19 for a Shield Plus, but it sounds like you want something larger than that. Depending on what your budget is, the PSA Dagger (Glock 19 Gen 3 clone) is starting to show up on a regular basis for $300. Worth a look at least.

Free Trapper

Repeat Offender
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
D1FF9820-BBA6-4314-9586-5220D116F26A.jpeg

Latest posts

Top Bottom