Convince me to buy something other than a Glock 19

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeUSooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I owned a Glock for a while, but I found it to be rather "plain" and just acceptably accurate. Nothing bad, just not overly impressive either. A few years ago, I started carrying a Springfield Arms XD (the 4" barrel, not the SC). It was in the same price bracket as the Glock (in fact, about $40 less expensive), but I found it to be much more accurate, and it is well-capable of firing +p rounds. I upgraded to a Mod2 (still the 4" barrel) and it fit my hand even better. With my ("fluffy") physique, I can easily carry it concealed, and the few extra ounces of weight are a non-factor. I do recommend it highly...

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I owned a Glock for a while, but I found it to be rather "plain" and just acceptably accurate. Nothing bad, just not overly impressive either. A few years ago, I started carrying a Springfield Arms XD (the 4" barrel, not the SC). It was in the same price bracket as the Glock (in fact, about $40 less expensive), but I found it to be much more accurate, and it is well-capable of firing +p rounds. I upgraded to a Mod2 (still the 4" barrel) and it fit my hand even better. With my ("fluffy") physique, I can easily carry it concealed, and the few extra ounces of weight are a non-factor. I do recommend it highly...
Those XD’s are nice. Until I got hooked in this Walther World they were my choice for striker fired accuracy

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Those XD’s are nice. Until I got hooked in this Walther World they were my choice for striker fired accuracy
Just don't ever lay an XD on a coffee table while you vacuum the floor.

AD=Accidental Discharge
ND=Negligent Disharge
XD=Coffee table discharge

But seriously, the XD is an awesome weapon. That's just an old inside joke. The OSA OGs will get it. :rollingla

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

I like rimfire and rimfire accessories. Yup. Mmhmm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Someone once told me "XD guys love their XDs because they wanted all the benefits of a Glock without it being a Glock"
Paraphrasing, it's been a while
Edit: remembered the ending.
"XD guys love their XDs because they wanted a Glock without Gaston's name on it."

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just don't ever lay an XD on a coffee table while you vacuum the floor.

AD=Accidental Discharge
ND=Negligent Disharge
XD=Coffee table discharge

But seriously, the XD is an awesome weapon. That's just an old inside joke. The OSA OGs will get it. :rollingla
What if I lay it on the coffee table while I tell my sister in law she is fat?

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Someone once told me "XD guys love their XDs because they wanted all the benefits of a Glock without it being a Glock"
Paraphrasing, it's been a while
Edit: remembered the ending.
"XD guys love their XDs because they wanted a Glock without Gaston's name on it."
That someone was stupid. Glocks have that weird grip angle and a factory sponge for a trigger. Other than the beavertail safety the XD’s feel and shoot way better

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

I like rimfire and rimfire accessories. Yup. Mmhmm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That someone was stupid. Glocks have that weird grip angle and a factory sponge for a trigger. Other than the beavertail safety the XD’s feel and shoot way better
It's been a long time since I've shot an XD and most of my Glocks aren't stock, but it appears we can agree that both are better than an M&P :D:popcorn:
Apparently it's been almost 5 years since I've even touched an XD
https://www.okshooters.com/threads/sold-springfield-xd-tactical-5-40-with-200-rounds.238315/

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom