Convince me to buy something other than a Glock 19

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That someone was stupid. Glocks have that weird grip angle and a factory sponge for a trigger. Other than the beavertail safety the XD’s feel and shoot way better
Multi Glock and multi xd owner here. Thought the same way until I actually learned to properly grip a pistol. The the glock grip angle makes sense after that. May want to look into your grip.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I am the worst about selling and trading guns way more than I should and I traded my carry gun for a rifle a few weeks back. I have tried a P320, P365, M&P 2.0, and even a Staccato C2 DUO. I keep going back to a Glock 19 as just feels nice and is at a reasonable price range. Any handgun over $1000 is nice but I have trouble holding onto it when I know I can have a nice rifle set up for that price. A Glock 19 size is the sweet spot for me that actually seems to conceal better (with a quality holster/belt) than the 365s or Shields that I've owned. Would not be against trying other guns in a similar size and price range because as I mentioned before, I don't mind trading/selling.

Particularly interested in trying the midsize FN MRD 509 (15rds) and the CZ P07. I know there are others out there in the same boat as I am and always end up wanting a Glock for carry, even after experiencing more expensive guns. Really just wanting to hear what other people here think.
I carried a G19 for several years until I retired, so of course I had to buy one. Then later, I got a G45 and now my G19 collects dust. I have big-ish D-beaters so I really like the G45, a lot. Still have the same space on a body and belt as the 19 and uses my same holsters and mag pouches (nylon or kydex) so there's no change to the logistics footprint either.

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

I like rimfire and rimfire accessories. Yup. Mmhmm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I carried a G19 for several years until I retired, so of course I had to buy one. Then later, I got a G45 and now my G19 collects dust. I have big-ish D-beaters so I really like the G45, a lot. Still have the same space on a body and belt as the 19 and uses my same holsters and mag pouches (nylon or kydex) so there's no change to the logistics footprint either.
I know it sounds stupid but I was never as accurate with a G45 as I was with a 19X. Even side by side, out of the box, I score better with a 19X. Never could figure out why, so I sold my G45 and went back to peanut butter.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know it sounds stupid but I was never as accurate with a G45 as I was with a 19X. Even side by side, out of the box, I score better with a 19X. Never could figure out why, so I sold my G45 and went back to peanut butter.
I was the exact opposite with the two. For me, I think the flared magwell on the 45 almost made a better fit for me? I really loved that 45, well until I shot a 509 then my life changed ;)

rj ︈

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The only reason I could see using a 45 over a 17 would be holster compatibility with a 19. Currently leaning towards a 19 with a TLR7 but keeping a 17 with an X300 as another thought.

Maybe a 45 with a TLR7 is a good middle ground, I just feel like if I have the larger grip, I might as well take the barrel too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom