Cooking/Food thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got this on about 7:00 am this morning. It's a grass fed brisket I raised n slaughtered. I've never had grass raised brisket but I've been pleased with the roasts and steaks. This is a little leaner than I'm used to so we'll see. Going to smoke till around 2:00 then foil it closed for the last few hours till it hits 220*.
FB_IMG_1590239410672.jpg

okie362

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Chuck roast dry brined overnight, smoked with hickory then braised till pull apart tender. Use the jus for a nice smoky gravy and you have a meal!
PHdNr9qpTDGdoHKp3d_esg

C7XH81VkSC2CoeVD_65zzA

ZEMs_gTtR_WkQPVNSD9IHg

Attachments

• AmazonPhotos.zip
    5.7 MB · Views: 94

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Agreed @okie362, pics aren't showing.

Today, I have a 5lb corned beef point in the sous vide, that'll come out tonight, get rubbed and sit open in the fridge till tomorrow and it'll go on the smoker. Home smoked pastrami yumminess.

Got some babyback ribs (Smithfield) dry brining a couple hours in the fridge right now to smoke this afternoon. Prolly throw 'em on in an hour or so.

Picked up a pack of chicken wings, gonna dry brine those tomorrow, let 'em sit in the fridge overnight to dry out some and smoke them on Monday. Probably serve them with some smashburgers with American cheese done over charcoal on grilled brioche (my son and myself have become addicted to these since the temps have warmed up).

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just got an alert from my Joule sous vide cooker on my phone, my corned beef is done, it's been in the water bath 24 hours. Now to take it out, shock it cool, dry it, rub it, let it rest overnight for the smoke tomorrow.

Gringobandito

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just got an alert from my Joule sous vide cooker on my phone, my corned beef is done, it's been in the water bath 24 hours. Now to take it out, shock it cool, dry it, rub it, let it rest overnight for the smoke tomorrow.

That will be some drool worthy pastrami!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

okie362

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They look good enough to eat. Sounds like you are in the same camp as I am when it comes to tenderness. There's that magic moment just before fall off the bone that's the perfect sweet spot.

Latest posts

Top Bottom