Cooking/Food thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Close. You got GC correct but McDs doesn't do bone in fried chicken.

I have not been in MickyDs in years, not even for breakfast.

On another note, has anyone ever put scallops in a seafood boil? So far I can put is shrimp because the wife will not eat anything else that I will spend the money on. I have seen some bay scallops pretty reasonable at times and like scallops but did not know how they would do in a boil.

The wife can eat around them. :blush:

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Personally if it involves chicken breast in anything other than chicken and noodles, I won’t eat it. Always too dry and bland tasting.
May I suggest using the boneless, skinless thighs in place of the breasts.
I did both breasts and thighs. Yes, the thighs were better.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have not been in MickyDs in years, not even for breakfast.

On another note, has anyone ever put scallops in a seafood boil? So far I can put is shrimp because the wife will not eat anything else that I will spend the money on. I have seen some bay scallops pretty reasonable at times and like scallops but did not know how they would do in a boil.

The wife can eat around them. :blush:
Had scallops in a mexican seafood soup called 7 Mares (pronounced Marys) the other day. I think the translation is 7 seas.
The scallops worked well in it. The soup came with a crab leg cluster, scallops, oyster, octopus, clams and shrimp in pico de gallo with a tomato base soup. Man that was good stuff.

okie362

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had scallops in a mexican seafood soup called 7 Mares (pronounced Marys) the other day. I think the translation is 7 seas.
The scallops worked well in it. The soup came with a crab leg cluster, scallops, oyster, octopus, clams and shrimp in pico de gallo with a tomato base soup. Man that was good stuff.
Never heard of it but it sounds delicious. Korea has a lot of interesting seafood soups. Quite tasty and this sounds similar except theirs are usually spicy and have a bean paste based soup.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm picking up a 10 lb rib roast today to cook for the 4th. Thinking sous vide for 24h at 132-135, then rub with Mrs. O'Leary's Cow Crust and sear hot on the grill.

Ribs tomorrow the 3rd.

chazroh

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
0D829CDA-4969-4852-A42B-8E310BC4DD35.jpeg

got a brisket flat on today!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom