Cooking/Food thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okie362

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Some nice beefy ribs:
Sous Vide @137F for 22 hours then a quick sear on the grill for color.
I love the fact you can cook till tender but still hold them at a nice medium rare.

IMG_0964.JPG
IMG_0964.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0963.JPG
    IMG_0963.JPG
    81 KB · Views: 97

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Badass @okie362 and @chazroh! Seriously!

I just threw a spatchcocked 14-lb turkey on the smoker at 325ish and a ham in the sous vide cooker at 150. Taking them to the youth shelter for Christmas dinner tonight! W00T!

Also, made a glaze for the ham, and I'm going to put it on and then sear the shite out of it with my new weed burner! Here's the glaze:

1/2 cup brown sugar
2 tbsp butter (real butter)
1 tsp white vinegar
2 tbsp Elijah Craig whiskey
2 tbsp honey
2 tbsp Grey Poupon dijon mustard

It's in a canning jar also cooking in the sous vide bath for now.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just pulled the turkey off at 163 in the breast, took just under 2 hours at 325ish on the Traeger.

I'll pull the ham in about 20 minutes. Gonna trim off all the skin and some fat, then apply the glaze and sear outside with my new FLAMETHROWER searing device! W00T!!!

I think I may try the flamethrower to crisp up the skin on the turkey a bit more, as well. What do you think, is it worth video recording??? :D :D :D

:fullauto:

:mosh:

:thumbup3:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just pulled the turkey off at 163 in the breast, took just under 2 hours at 325ish on the Traeger.

I'll pull the ham in about 20 minutes. Gonna trim off all the skin and some fat, then apply the glaze and sear outside with my new FLAMETHROWER searing device! W00T!!!

I think I may try the flamethrower to crisp up the skin on the turkey a bit more, as well. What do you think, is it worth video recording??? :D :D :D

:fullauto:

:mosh:

:thumbup3:
We need info on the flame thrower.
Propane torch with MAPP gas? That's what I use.

Latest posts

Top Bottom