Cooking/Food thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Do you trim your brisket? It's part of my regimen, this beauty started as an almost 15lb Prime brisket. I've watched hours of trimming videos and have subscribed to Aaron Franklin's perspective on trimming. Get rid of the hard fat where you can without digging it out, trim to about 1/4" layer of fat on top of the flat, remove fat from the bottom where you can . Remove small pieces of meat that will burn up, shape the brisket to allow good airflow over it. I took about 3.5 pounds off of this one, very little of that was meat, wish I had a way to convert that little bit of meat into something useful though.

b1.jpg

b2.jpg

b3.jpg

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Like some here with briskets, I trim all the hard fat off I can and leave about a quarter inch or so average of the rest but do not get too excited if I miss some in the "valley" spots. I can trim a little more off as I slice if needed. I do not mind a little edge of fat. Those who prefer no fat can trim as they go if they like, us who like a little can chow down. Ha Ha .

Latest posts

Top Bottom