Cooking/Food thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmike314

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
10 hours with a one hour rest.
Way tender. Fantastic.
Bone came out clean.
Didn’t need the claws to shred it - just put on the gloves and pulled it apart.

63019917869__D86E7002-F1A7-4A60-A1F3-325E5DA32323.fullsizerender.JPG

63020131525__9BCFAC6D-4203-4641-BAE0-30384010B1D2.fullsizerender.JPG

Been too long since I’ve been out back cooking. Finally settling into the new house & getting the grills going.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, so I did some meats yesterday for an Employee Appreciation meal at the nursing home for all the staff who have been working their arses off during the COVID pandemic for our little old folks in the nursing home.

This is the second time I've done this for them this year. Last time I just did pork butt - this time I decided to add a brisket.

Here's the pork butt:

i-g5pThgz-X2.jpg

^^^^ This is the smaller of two I did.

i-JGdZz5X-X2.jpg

^^^^^ Finished pulled product, about 20 lbs precook weight.

And the brisket:

i-TR5KhVq-X2.jpg

i-BGwkmvD-X2.jpg

i-T4kX28c-X2.jpg

i-V8S3TvM-X2.jpg

Sorry, not the best pics, I had to have one of the guys shoot them while I carved. I think these were actually still frames from a video he took, so they're a little small and a little blurry. Really disappointed.

I'm doing probably 2 more briskets tonight/tomorrow so I'll get more pics up of those later.

@tRidiot where if your face mask and hair net over that beard man. That would have been an awesome photo! Meats look great. What temp do you pull your pork butt off at?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I made more pulled pork taco fixins tonight. Used 5 lbs Pork tenders, braising first and the instapot to get them pull apart tender. Put the shredded meat back into the instapot with Anaheim, serrano and jalepeno peppers, (seeded)Cumin, Coriander, Garlic, Cilantro, salt, pepper, and a light dusting of taco seasoning for another 2 minutes of pressure cooking.
Sitting in the beer fridge in the garage currently to cool down. Tomorrow, we will separate into equal portions for 2 people per meal, and vacuum seal for future use.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I made more pulled pork taco fixins tonight. Used 5 lbs Pork tenders, braising first and the instapot to get them pull apart tender. Put the shredded meat back into the instapot with Anaheim, serrano and jalepeno peppers, (seeded)Cumin, Coriander, Garlic, Cilantro, salt, pepper, and a light dusting of taco seasoning for another 2 minutes of pressure cooking.
Sitting in the beer fridge in the garage currently to cool down. Tomorrow, we will separate into equal portions for 2 people per meal, and vacuum seal for future use.
Pork tenders?

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have been the charcoal hamburger grill king for my family for over 50 years. I try to get 70-75 30-25 fatty burger meat and make the patties to grill out most of the fat for flavor smoke and leave a pretty lean tasty burger. Recently I bought part of a side of beef with about a 80-20 mix of the little one pound bags of GB. Tonight I did something different and made smash burgers on a little 15x10 cast iron griddle sitting on the grates of my gas grill. I don't know how I am going to break the news to the rest of my family that they were pretty darn good and this might be the "new" norm in the future. I ate two of them and with my baked beans and chips I was about to pop. Ha Ha Thanks for all who post here, good ideas or comparisons from everyone.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I forgot to take a photo (was busy eating) so I will use a photo of the product that inspired me. Homestyle Beef or Venison.

1 lb Ground beef or venison. Browned.
1 packet brown gravy prepared.
1 lb potatoes. Red skins or sweet cut into bite size pieces then nuked until soft.
Small onion diced.
Sliced mushrooms. I used about half a container.
1/2 lb carrots cut bite size and nuked until soft.
1 can green beans drained and rinsed.

I brown in the meat in a 12 inch skillet with the onion. Drain any grease.
Add in tators, carrots, mushrooms and green beans.
Pour the gravy over.
Mix together and let it simmer at least 15 minutes stirring often.

Serve with biscuits or cornbread.

Homestyle beef.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom