Cooking/Food thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just took a breakfast casserole out of the over. Has hashbrowns, cheese, eggs, black olives, onion, sour cream, a few chopped jalapenos little butter, little milk, and other stuff. My largest glass baking pan will make 12 squares to zip lock and freeze. A daub of sour cream or salsa freshens it up in the microwave for a quick breakfast..

Thinking about canned of chili poured over some Fritos with a little left over chopped onion and cheese for a late dinner..Dollar-Tree has a brand of chili by the name of Southgate. Not bad for canned chili in my opinion since Wolf brand changed so much, only comes with beans. I need to make up a batch of home made to freeze soon.

okie362

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just took a breakfast casserole out of the over. Has hashbrowns, cheese, eggs, black olives, onion, sour cream, a few chopped jalapenos little butter, little milk, and other stuff. My largest glass baking pan will make 12 squares to zip lock and freeze. A daub of sour cream or salsa freshens it up in the microwave for a quick breakfast..

Thinking about canned of chili poured over some Fritos with a little left over chopped onion and cheese for a late dinner..Dollar-Tree has a brand of chili by the name of Southgate. Not bad for canned chili in my opinion since Wolf brand changed so much, only comes with beans. I need to make up a batch of home made to freeze soon.

If you have a pressure cooker, try canning your chili. I ate some about a month ago I canned in 2016 and it was still good.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you have a pressure cooker, try canning your chili. I ate some about a month ago I canned in 2016 and it was still good.

I divorced a few years back and she left everything in the kitchen to move out of state including 2 pressure cookers back in a corner under a I have not broke out. I do a lot of grilling and smoking outside along with pots in the kitchen and freeze a lot of what I do in muffin tins to zip bag for future easy microwave meals. I have been thinking about looking at the pressure cookers to do some different stuff at some point in time but have not gotten to them. I have an easy access space under the lakehouse that stays close to 68-72' year round with empty shelves.. Have too many hobbies at this time and too much day to day maintenance to take care of, but will keep looking at that in mind in the future. With the little looking I have done, they seem to be a big advantage to freezing that I have been doing. Thanks for the comment.

okie362

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I divorced a few years back and she left everything in the kitchen to move out of state including 2 pressure cookers back in a corner under a I have not broke out. I do a lot of grilling and smoking outside along with pots in the kitchen and freeze a lot of what I do in muffin tins to zip bag for future easy microwave meals. I have been thinking about looking at the pressure cookers to do some different stuff at some point in time but have not gotten to them. I have an easy access space under the lakehouse that stays close to 68-72' year round with empty shelves.. Have too many hobbies at this time and too much day to day maintenance to take care of, but will keep looking at that in mind in the future. With the little looking I have done, they seem to be a big advantage to freezing that I have been doing. Thanks for the comment.

One of my favorite things to can is beef and venison. You can make whatever you want from it later.

Latest posts

Top Bottom