Cooking/Food thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

k4ylr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
WinCo in OKC had a nice deal some juicy little flat iron/oyster steaks so we did them up this weekend:

oqUTXVTl.jpg

W9ElEU9l.jpg

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Did not cook, but played butcher today. Local grocery store which has had good meats for years, one of those that adds10% to their prices when you ck out had a sale on beef tenderloin at $4.99/lb. I bought 2 that were a little over 5 lbs. ea. Found a U-Tube on how to cut and now have 17 pretty nice looking filet steaks and several of what are called "medallions" (little pieces not quite big enough to be a filet steak) to throw on the grill or use for kabobs. These were already trimmed of the "chain" so only a little stew meat, only steals/lb. haha, I will take that . After researching more, most likely should have gotten a couple more.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yesterday's New Years dinner, pork loin, fried tators, black eyes and cajun cornbread. Cornbread was not meant to be blackened but first time baking in the Emeril 360 air fryer.

Dinner 4.jpg Dinner 2.jpg Dinner 3.jpg Dinner 1.jpg

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can't cook, so the best I can do for this thread is add a bit of humor.

The video below needs to be watched to the end to get the full gist of the story.

Yeah, it is kind of silly, but still humorous. A European group puts out the videos of Miniscule, the tales of common ordinary insects. This one is about a mosquito and a table of food.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A discussion above the political fray (hopefully).
Should cornbread have sugar or not have sugar?
I grew up with homemade cornbread 100% and there was zero sugar in it.
On New Year's Day I remembered I had some store bought packs of cornbread mix (forgive me Father for I have sinned) that needed to be used up. For any cornbread mix I follow the recipe on the package but add a bit of oil or melted butter.
There was no sugar in the ingredients and I've been telling everybody how good it was, just slap a pat of butter on it and they look at me like I've got three heads.
It seems like nobody uses anything but Jiffy mix which I can't stand.
I have no financial interest in the company, this is the first link that popped up:
https://www.heb.com/product-detail/morrison-s-corn-kits-prepared-corn-bread-mix/157388

Latest posts

Top Bottom