Cooking/Food thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chadh2o

Gunslinger
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I haven't used one of those since burning Johnson grass in the bar ditches, 30 years ago. Much better control than ours with a ball valve.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Okay; shifting gears to a restaurant review: aurora breakfast, bar and backyard. Down in the Plaza District on 16th st in OKC. The Chef, Henry Bordeaux, used to be at the Museum Cafe. This guy knows a thing or two about cookin and eatin’ for sure; we just had an awesome late breakfast there; we are stuffed. The best biscuits and gravy I ever thrung a lip over, fabulous home made jam, the crab omelet was delicious and the homemade hot sauce was so good I bought a bottle to take with me. It’s at 1704 nw 16th. Go eat there. We sure will be back again and again. Yum yum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Okay; shifting gears to a restaurant review: aurora breakfast, bar and backyard. Down in the Plaza District on 16th st in OKC. The Chef, Henry Bordeaux, used to be at the Museum Cafe. This guy knows a thing or two about cookin and eatin’ for sure; we just had an awesome late breakfast there; we are stuffed. The best biscuits and gravy I ever thrung a lip over, fabulous home made jam, the crab omelet was delicious and the homemade hot sauce was so good I bought a bottle to take with me. It’s at 1704 nw 16th. Go eat there. We sure will be back again and again. Yum yum.

You just flung a cravin' on me...

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score

I remember reading about that place last time we went to OKC, and I was looking for a brunch place. Sounds good, we will have to try it next time we're over that way!

Here's what I did last night... just threw together a quick few things. ;)

20180104_195619-L.jpg

I cooked the prime rib (and potatoes) sous vide, so here's the searing process after:

I put it in the smoker for about 1½ hrs prior to the sous vide and it was perfect. Just the right amount of smoke, not overpowering, absolutely fantastic!

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Perhaps you shouldn't have done the "quick" things. I can still hear that critter calling.

Hehe... in the slicing video you can hear the sizzling in the background which is the cast iron where the slices for my wife and son were searing. They like medium well. Ugh! I honestly wouldn't mind a quick quick superhot sear on the very outside of mine, but I was in a hurry, didn't want things getting cold. I don't want it cooking past medium rare, but a little crust would be good. And it was soft as buttah, so lovely!

I've got 3 slices left over, I'll do a quick superhot sear on one for lunch - bought some ciabatta rolls to make prime rib sammies for leftovers. W00T!

Latest posts

Top Bottom