Cooking/Food thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

filbert

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Th
Alfredo Bleu:

1 package (12 oz) fettuccine
1 pint heavy cream
1 package (4oz) bleu cheese (block or crumbles doens't matter, but you'll have to crumble if it's a block)
1 package (5oz) fresh parmesan (block, shredded, or shaved, it doesn't matter, but you will have to shred/shave it if it's a block).

Start water boiling for pasta. Pour cream in a saucepan and heat over medium heat to simmering; do not boil. At this point, your pasta water should be boiling; salt and add fettuccine to water. Slowly add bleu and parmesan cheeses, a little bit at a time, stirring constantly to prevent lumps. When pasta is done, drain, then toss with alfredo sauce.

I like to grill chicken breasts seasoned with Tony Chachere's creole seasoning at the same time, then serve the pasta with sliced grilled chicken on top. Total time from start to table, less than 30 minutes, and the proportions are exactly as they come from the store, so there's no measuring to worry about.
This sounds good, but I don't understand the directions. At what point do you use the cream? And are you putting the cheese in the fettuccine or the cream? Then after noodles are drained pouring the cream and cheese over the noodles?

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Th

This sounds good, but I don't understand the directions. At what point do you use the cream? And are you putting the cheese in the fettuccine or the cream? Then after noodles are drained pouring the cream and cheese over the noodles?
Heat the cream (gently) to just below boiling, then melt the cheeses in slowly. Cook pasta separately and drain; after it's drained, toss with the alfredo sauce. And it doesn't strictly have to be fettuccine; a few days ago, I used farfalle (bowtie) pasta, and topped it with blackened chicken (I've given up on Tony's as too salty; I make my own Creole seasoning now). Worked out great.

Creole seasoning:

Ingredients
  • 1 tablespoon Paprika
  • 1 tablespoon Garlic Powder
  • 1 tablespoon Onion Powder
  • 1 tablespoon Cayenne Pepper
  • 1 tablespoon Dried Oregano
  • 1 tablespoon Dried Thyme
  • 1 teaspoon Salt
Instructions
  1. Add all; mix thoroughly. Store in sealed container or Ziploc bag in the freezer. Keeps long enough that you'll use it all up before you have to worry about it.

Adjust to your liking, of course.

chazroh

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IMG_0019.JPG
IMG_0004.JPG
Cooked the first brisket on the hasty bake.

chazroh

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm really happy with the performance of the hasty bake. Flavor is awesome, this is my first brisket, and first thing to smoke that is not done with an electric smoker.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Took my son out for a steak tonight. "Best place in town". lol. What a joke. Not that I ever forgot why I cook steaks at home, but I won't bother buying another steak out in a restaurant for a while. I do 100x the job they do, and it costs me... well, hell, this woulda cost me about 20% of the cost of dining out. Sheesh.

Saved some for the wife, just so she can try it and appreciate that much more how mine taste! ;)

Latest posts

Top Bottom