Cooking/Food thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anybody like buttermilk pie? We’re having Thanksgiving dinner at church tomorrow so I baked a couple of these. Getting a bit better at the crust but it’s a work in progress. Haven’t put the whipped cream topping on, I’ll do that tomorrow.
1668292708417.jpeg

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry, but did not take pictures of our breakfast pizza this morning but I think you can picture it. First, our go to pizza dough mix has become 2 cups self rising flour and two cups Greek Yogurt. Yep 2 ingredients, quick, easy, better, way less expensive, and easier to have on hand than canned pizza dough or mixes. It rolled out relatively thick on my 16" pizza pan.

Started out with a thin layer of shredded bagged Mozzarella cheese, layer of sausage gravy, layer of 6 scrambled eggs, sausage crumbles, bacon crumbles, more Mozzarella cheese. Crust 350' in the oven naked for about 10 min, then about 25 min after assembled. Mummm good and froze up quite a lot of leftovers for later.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tried the frying method out on the blackstone that @CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin posted about a few pages back. 10/10 will do again.

View attachment 318667View attachment 318668
I prefer to make my own chicken coatings, but that pan on the blackstone may have just convinced me to go buy one, just because of the mess made when I am frying stuff in the house.
Anybody like buttermilk pie? We’re having Thanksgiving dinner at church tomorrow so I baked a couple of these. Getting a bit better at the crust but it’s a work in progress. Haven’t put the whipped cream topping on, I’ll do that tomorrow. View attachment 318686
oh man I love me some buttermilk pie. That would almost convince me to go to church.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wanted a BBQ bacon cheeseburger for lunch but did not have any bacon thawed and only some frozen patties. What is a man to do when his wife leave him unsupervised? I have an idea!

It was surprising good. The patti, two slices Bacon Spam, 2 slices cheese, some grilled onion, BBQ sauce on a whole wheat bun. I will do this again. :P

Lunch 1.jpg

Lunch 2.jpg
Lunch 3.jpg
Lunch 4.jpg

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Could've probably even left off the beef and it would've been mighty tasty!

Shoot I haven’t had a spam sandwich in probably 7 years… I think I might pick me up a can next time I’m at the store.

Off topic (sorta) story time I was elk hunting and in this cabin i was in had a can of who knows how old Potted Meat in a cabinet and boy I was starving. That was the best dang thing I ever ate I thought. I put it on a cracker I think.

Fast forward a few months later and me and a cousin took a day trip to go hiking and exploring some land around Kenton, we stopped at the Loves Travel Center in Boise City to pick up lunch for the day and I told him he needs to try potted meat so we got a can or two. That was the worst crap I have ever ate. I won’t ever do it again… unless I’m starving. Should have chose a Loves Subway sandwich instead. 🤣

EA16A080-CF44-40BE-A9A8-7A9C63C4EA30.jpeg

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Shoot I haven’t had a spam sandwich in probably 7 years… I think I might pick me up a can next time I’m at the store.

Off topic (sorta) story time I was elk hunting and in this cabin i was in had a can of who knows how old Potted Meat in a cabinet and boy I was starving. That was the best dang thing I ever ate I thought. I put it on a cracker I think.

Fast forward a few months later and me and a cousin took a day trip to go hiking and exploring some land around Kenton, we stopped at the Loves Travel Center in Boise City to pick up lunch for the day and I told him he needs to try potted meat so we got a can or two. That was the worst crap I have ever ate. I won’t ever do it again… unless I’m starving. Should have chose a Loves Subway sandwich instead. 🤣

View attachment 320685
Yes I think they changed the recipe for potted meat. I still like Deviled Ham every now and then but not Potted Meat.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It should say "Rotted Meat". That and Vienna Sausages are what's left after they've sold all the sellable parts of the animal --- At least it seems so.

Latest posts

Top Bottom