Cooking/Food thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Imma eatin the hell out one of these right now! Sous Vide with slap ya mama and seared on the BGE with oak lump.

IMG_5540.JPG

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here you go for the easy Unstuffed Cabbage rolls, and I made it easier by varying a little from the original recipe with my comments after the hyphen - mark, i will make it the very same way next time. I do not think I could stand it any better. JMO

INGREDIENTS
2 lbs 90% lean ground beef browned in pot - I did not drain, used the juice.
1 large onion, diced - I put in early enough to saute a little as the meat was about done.
1 garlic clove, minced - I used 1 Heap Tbl spoon Jar Minced Garlic
1 small cabbage, chopped - I used Lg Bag of Chopped Cole Slaw
2 1/2 cups white Minute Rice - Just pour it in dry.
2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes - I used 1 28oz Hunts can I had on hand
1 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce - I had none, used 1 can Rotel Tomato & diced pepper, worked well
1/2 cup water - Added more as needed as the rice absorbed and it cooked down.
1 teaspoon ground black pepper - I added a more to fit my taste buds
1 teaspoon sea salt - Added a little more to fit my taste buds (However I do not eat much salt)
Optional very small pinch of cinnamon - I think Eddie's had that, it worked for me.

DIRECTIONS
In a large pan, skillet, or dutch oven, brown the ground beef.
Add the garlic and onion, cook an additional minute or two if desired.
Add all remaining ingredients and give it a stir.
Bring to a boil, cover, reduce the heat and simmer about 25 minutes or until the cabbage is tender. - I stirred a couple times and had to add a little water.

Pretty easy, pretty tasty. Hope you enjoy.
Yep I've been making that same receipt for years with a few slight variation.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I made pastrami today. Sorry, no pics, unless you wanna see some of my fat face kicked back in the recliner like a big ol' tick. :D I think The Wife has a few pics on the phone, I might get them put up sometime. It came out fantabulous, though - store bought corned beef (2 points totaling about 8½ pounds or so), desalinated for about 8 hours, cold smoked for about 2 or 3 hours, then 24 hours in the sous vide at 150°F, then rubbed with my own thrown-together special rub and smoked at 225°F for about 3 hours. Plenty of smoke on the pellet smoker with a couple of pellet tubes going at the same time. Delicious, juicy, tender, not too peppery, very smoky and flavorful.

Awesome.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I made pastrami today. Sorry, no pics, unless you wanna see some of my fat face kicked back in the recliner like a big ol' tick. :D I think The Wife has a few pics on the phone, I might get them put up sometime. It came out fantabulous, though - store bought corned beef (2 points totaling about 8½ pounds or so), desalinated for about 8 hours, cold smoked for about 2 or 3 hours, then 24 hours in the sous vide at 150°F, then rubbed with my own thrown-together special rub and smoked at 225°F for about 3 hours. Plenty of smoke on the pellet smoker with a couple of pellet tubes going at the same time. Delicious, juicy, tender, not too peppery, very smoky and flavorful.

Awesome.
That sounds incredible. I know your first attempt just like mine came out too salty. It sounds like you may have the ticket.

Latest posts

Top Bottom